WDW Ticket Prices

Jon81uk

I had this debate with someone yesterday who started the whole "Walt Disney wanted a clean, fun affordable place for families to enjoy". Walt was a creatvie visionary, who unfortunately died well before WDW opened. Honestly, even if anyone had a clue as to what Walt "wanted", those days are long gone. Disney is a public corporation. Like it or not (and with the current prices I don't like it) as an entity it's only responsibility is to make as much money as possible for it's shareholders. As long as people continue to pack the resorts and the parks, prices will continue to rise.

As customer's what we are entitled to is "fair value" for our money and only we can determine what is fair. WDW is such a unique experience that people are willing to pay outrageous prices and continually lower their definition of "fair value". I confess, our family has made the tough decision that the value for the buck is no longer fair. This will be the third consecutive year we will not be going to the world after two decades of regular visits.

There is a great article on MousePlanet today that thinks about what Walt would have wanted. Worth taking a read.

Last edited:

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Off topic, but is this statement correct?

"A basic annual pass costs $189.99 for Florida residents."

If so then wow that's cheap

wogwog

Has block out dates and does not include parking. Details would be on the Uni web. Don't know if that is the increased price or former price before the just announced increase. But no free rubber band bracelet. ;)

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Has block out dates and does not include parking. Details would be on the Uni web. Don't know if that is the increased price or former price before the just announced increase. But no free rubber band bracelet. ;)

Still that's not to shabby if you want to take a day off or 2 and going midweek.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

That's right. I think I got 'em for $169 16 months ago. There are blackout dates (most of summer, holidays, etc.) and no discounts/parking, but still, a pretty good deal.

seascape

Mike S

Universal price increase 6.25%
Disney Magic Kingdom 6.06%
Epcot, AK and DHA 3.2%

Who is increasing their prices more? Universal. Who will get all the complaints Disney. Why???

Universal already makes people buy park to park passes if they want to ride all the rides.
The reason is simple. Universal is building and has built much more than Disney recently, thus justifying a price increase.

erasure fan1

The reason is simple. Universal is building and has built much more than Disney recently, thus justifying a price increase.
Exactly. I'm not really sure you could find too many people on this board who would be upset with Disney raising their prices if they had done the same kind of expansions that Universal has done. The worst part is the fact that once things like Avatar, star wars and pixar lands are done, you know we are in for bigger than normal price hike. When in reality we have all been pre-paying all these years for whats to come in my eyes. A lot of years have passed with nothing to justify an increase.

BrerJon

Still that's not to shabby if you want to take a day off or 2 and going midweek.

A pass which includes free parking and no blockout dates is only $70 more, $260.

Disney's is $529, but that is for four parks so it's fair for them to charge twice the price (or at least it would be if all of Disney's parks had as much to do as Universal's) but it's still a lot of money out of a budget to spend on theme park admission, whereas a Universal pass is a lot less painful for some people. Florida residents get even better deals too.

epcotWSC

I believe when i went back in 2007, I paid 466 (plus tax and such) for a 10 day, no expiration, with park hopper and water parks. Today that same ticket goes for 769.53 (on undercover tourist). That's a 65% increase. What exactly has come to WDW since 2007 that warrants a 65% increase in ticket price? To me that's the biggest issue with all of this. Fantasyland expansion and Toy Story would not qualify in my mind. There was actually a decent amount of stuff opening from Early 2007 and prior. However, from that point on just Fantasyland expansion and Toy Story. So what's the justification for 65%?

Mike S

I believe when i went back in 2007, I paid 466 (plus tax and such) for a 10 day, no expiration, with park hopper and water parks. Today that same ticket goes for 769.53 (on undercover tourist). That's a 65% increase. What exactly has come to WDW since 2007 that warrants a 65% increase in ticket price? To me that's the biggest issue with all of this. Fantasyland expansion and Toy Story would not qualify in my mind. There was actually a decent amount of stuff opening from Early 2007 and prior. However, from that point on just Fantasyland expansion and Toy Story. So what's the justification for 65%?
image.jpg

Club Cooloholic

I have no comparison, since you are in the Tourist industry, I'll take you word for it. Still trying to convince my family to do Disney and something else for a change. However, it is hard to do with all the new things coming in the future, at both places.
Try to get the Family to ditch Disney for one trip. Just one. You will get more bang for your buck doing just Uni and say Seaworld combined. You can do the trip a little shorter too. Probably 4 to five nights compared to the full 6 to 7 nights I feel Disney requires. That is not to say that Disney is providing a lot more and thus more days are needed, it's just that you can do Uni more efficiently, it's nice being able to walk from one park to another in about 5 mins as opposed to grabbing a bus or monorail and taking an hr when you consider waiting for the transportation.

Club Cooloholic

Universal price increase 6.25%
Disney Magic Kingdom 6.06%
Epcot, AK and DHA 3.2%

Who is increasing their prices more? Universal. Who will get all the complaints Disney. Why???

Universal already makes people buy park to park passes if they want to ride all the rides.
Who ads more attractions more often...Uni
BTW Disney, last time I heard WDW has Park Hopper too? So if you want to ride all the rides at Disney you need a park hopper....

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom