Crane on site beginning this weekend for Cinderella Castle Dream Light removal

SpectroPhoenix

Does anyone know when the crane usually shows up on site? I am running the marathon on Sunday and I think it'd be strange if Disney chose that day to stick a crane in everyone's running pictures.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Does anyone know when the crane usually shows up on site? I am running the marathon on Sunday and I think it'd be strange if Disney chose that day to stick a crane in everyone's running pictures.
It will be parked behind the castle from the morning of the 11th. I don't know exactly what time though.

Vipor51

Doesn't the Crane being around until all the way to Feb 21 seem a little long to anyone else? Over a month?

Goofyernmost

The lights won't survive 365 days in the Florida weather.
Not to mention that if one blows the pixie dust out of the eyes it is really easy to see the netting that the lights are attached too. Does anyone really want to stare at that all year when just a couple weeks at each end of the holiday season and it is all clear. It is too bad, but a necessary evil if we want the castle to be decorated during the Holiday season. With the easy way of photo-shopping pictures now anyway, it is no problem to take out the crane from those shots.

I know it's a FantasyLand that unfortunately is located right in the middle of the real world. Some concessions have to be made to take care of the "magic" stuff.:)

EdC

I wonder if they'd be able to projection map the lights on to the castle. Although, I'm sure running those projectors isn't cheap.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I wonder if they'd be able to projection map the lights on to the castle. Although, I'm sure running those projectors isn't cheap.
The projections aren't anywhere near as bright and effective as the LEDs. That was visible in 'A Frozen Holiday Wish'. The projections are great, but when the LEDs kick in at the end it is significantly brighter.

Arthur Wellesley

With the easy way of photo-shopping pictures now anyway, it is no problem to take out the crane from those shots.
That is exactly what I've been saying for years. It's really quite simple.

And if anyone has some castle pics of their own that need the crane removed, send me a PM. I will gladly do the same editing service (for a small fee of course) and all your castle pics will be forever crane-free!

(p.s. I can also edit out any undesired family members for an extra cost, or replace their image with that of a celebrity of your choice.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom