Memory Maker advance purchase price going up to $169

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Read the rumor yesterday on FB. While I couldn't find any confirmation, i did not take the chance so I bought it last night. TEN MORE DAYS TO GO!!!!

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I agree... while it's nice to have... I thought $149 was just about right...and I certainly wouldn't spend $199 on it... now the $149 goes to $169 along with every other price increase they'll probably have at resorts, tickets, parking, food, souvis, etc.

parks are still full though so...it's just getting harder and harder to go back as often IMO

what did Mrs. Travers say on Saving Mr. Banks... something about a money printing machine lol

flynnibus

Premium Member
The similar service on the cruise ships is $350! But at least that has more professional photo setups
Similar service from Discovery cove for JUST the dolphin experience $150 (typically wound into packages about 150-230)

Sparky359621

Thanks for the FYI. I was actually going to purchase MM today for my trip next week, but looks like I won't...25% off was a good deal, but this seems a little much :(
It depends on how many photos you take. I had it this year for star wars weekend and had over 200 photos which was about .75¢ per photo with the old price and about .88¢ per photo with the new price.

WDWFantasmicFan

Although the price increase is not a good thing for us guests, the Memory Maker/Photopass service has had some great additions in the past year (on-ride videos on 7DMT and ToT, and animated magic shots), some of which are only available with Memory Maker - e.g. 7DMT photos and videos. There is also lots of rumor surrounding on-ride video coming to at least 3 or 4 other attractions in the parks. They have to fund this in some way - and I have heard a couple of other rumors re. other additions which may be coming.

Yes, I agree - Memory Maker can be expensive if you don't use it - and don't go on all/many of the rides which offer photos/videos. But on our recent trip, we got over 200 photos - so it was definitely worth it for our vacation. But, take today's price increase as it comes, and see what new additions come to the Memory Maker service in the near future...

mikenatcity1

It depends on how many photos you take. I had it this year for star wars weekend and had over 200 photos which was about .75¢ per photo with the old price and about .88¢ per photo with the new price.

For that, I completely agree! I was looking at that I usually only get 10-12 good photos from the whole lot (but since i'm taking someone who hasn't been since 1979, there could be a TON)...thanks for that point :)

Sparky359621

For that, I completely agree! I was looking at that I usually only get 10-12 good photos from the whole lot (but since i'm taking someone who hasn't been since 1979, there could be a TON)...thanks for that point :)
Plus you can add borders and character signatures to the photos.

mattdenine

Although the price increase does suck I still think MM is a good investment if you are staying multiple days. We got it this year for our 3 day trip and ended up with over 200 photos. And we'll be getting it again for our up coming trip for next October which will be a longer trip 8 days and 5 days at the parks.

Goofnut1980

While I always buy it for every trip. I may not for the little 4 day trips we take a few times a year. At what point is it a little much... I love the service, but let me just have PP and PP+ back. It was easier cause I never really care about the attraction photos, I just want the regular ones.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
9 more for me!!!
Looks like you'll move in one day before me (or maybe the same day, Saturday.) I'll be living next door in the Villas at Jambo. Hope my moving van does not bother you and we promise to keep it down and be a good neighbor. Eating in Sanaa that night. If you see me (although different then my profile picture with my 51 days of hair growth and a handlebar mustache) and my family, just smile and Wave :happy:!!!

scoobygirl39541

Aw man, was strongly considering buying this for the February trip.... Now not so sure. Will have to think some more :-/

Also, 7 days for me! :p

Kate Alan

Aw man, was strongly considering buying this for the February trip.... Now not so sure. Will have to think some more :-/

Only reason I got it this trip is because my brother hasn't been since middle school and it is the first family vacation we've attempted since my father passed away. The thought of being able to get all the ride photos, plus park photos while everything is all Christmas-y, was too good to pass up even with the increase - otherwise, I wouldn't be doing it for just a 4 day trip.

And y'all are making me jealous, I still have 22 days to go! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom