East Parking Garage construction

WDWBryan

Witnessed today that people from the west turning left into lime still freak out and stop trying to merge into one lane because they are confused about the lanes splitting off. Looks like they still haven't addressed that. No new signs or anything reassuring drivers both lanes go into the garage. I wonder if they'll redesign it so both lanes go to the front and remove the rear entrance. I came from the east and was in the left right turn lane that dumped me into the ground floor. Would've been nice to know which lane went to which level. I eventually took the ramp inside the garage to get to level 2

JUFL2019

Witnessed today that people from the west turning left into lime still freak out and stop trying to merge into one lane because they are confused about the lanes splitting off. Looks like they still haven't addressed that. No new signs or anything reassuring drivers both lanes go into the garage. I wonder if they'll redesign it so both lanes go to the front and remove the rear entrance. I came from the east and was in the left right turn lane that dumped me into the ground floor. Would've been nice to know which lane went to which level. I eventually took the ramp inside the garage to get to level 2

You can't fix stupid.

G00fyDad

I don't get it. Why do they need to freak out, come to a stop, and try to merge with the other lane? Just keep going. Even if you're going to the wrong direction you will eventually be able to get your self turned around and get right again. But you're going to keep going and cause an accident. Unless there's a sign saying "do not enter," "bus lane only", or "this is the edge of the world" you should not even be worried about pulling through that area. I can't stand it when people try to change lanes at the very last second and cause everything to back up.

Next Big Thing

I don't get it. Why do they need to freak out, come to a stop, and try to merge with the other lane? Just keep going. Even if you're going to the wrong direction you will eventually be able to get your self turned around and get right again. But you're going to keep going and cause an accident. Unless there's a sign saying "do not enter," "bus lane only", or "this is the edge of the world" you should not even be worried about pulling through that area. I can't stand it when people try to change lanes at the very last second and cause everything to back up.
I'm a local and we had the same problem the first time we used the garage. When you make the turn, it can be a tad confusing if you are going the right way if you decide to go up the ramp and see everyone else entering at ground level. There's nothing specific that tells you that the ramp takes you to levels 3-5.

G00fyDad

I'm a local and we had the same problem the first time we used the garage. When you make the turn, it can be a tad confusing if you are going the right way if you decide to go up the ramp and see everyone else entering at ground level. There's nothing specific that tells you that the ramp takes you to levels 3-5.

I understand and I completely agree with the ease at which people get confused with this. What I was talking about is why not just continue on with your course as long as there's nothing there saying that you can't? Instead, people come to a complete stop and put their blinker on and cause a big backup. I get that it's confusing. I understand that. I just wish that people would think and just continue on with an action and correct themselves in an safer manner.

djkidkaz

I see people on world drive cut over the grass all the time because they follow the signs for Hollywood Studios but then see what they believe to be the entrance. It IS confusing and I don't know why the signage doesn't just direct them to the back entrance.

G00fyDad

I see people on world drive cut over the grass all the time because they follow the signs for Hollywood Studios but then see what they believe to be the entrance. It IS confusing and I don't know why the signage doesn't just direct them to the back entrance.

I've lived in Florida before and the signage at WDW still confuses me from time to time. I have made the wrong turn, missed an exit, or have been in the wrong lane at the wrong time. What are we supposed to do? Continue with that path and make the next available (legal) u-turn or circle back to the original mistake point and make the correct decision. What do we see too many people do at WDW when they encounter the same situation? That's right. They come to a complete stop on a VERY busy road and put on a blinker, or they just go ahead and make that left-hand turn from the far right-hand lane.

This is EXACTLY how I feel about these people: (WARNING: Language)

TimeTrip

Well, looks like they noticed the turn lane problem. Not sure if I agree with the solution...
IMG_20161211_125534.jpg

Next Big Thing

I was just down there. It was a bit confusing riding up on it. You can quickly figure it out. They shouldn't have shut down a whole lane though.
If you're talking about the bus lane as being "shut down", they expanded the road, so there's just as many lanes for cars as before (maybe more).

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
If you're talking about the bus lane as being "shut down", they expanded the road, so there's just as many lanes for cars as before (maybe more).
Just looks like in the picture that's the lane to get into the Lime garage. It was confusing driving up on it. Seems like the shut down the one lane leading to the bottom floor.

TimeTrip

Just looks like in the picture that's the lane to get into the Lime garage. It was confusing driving up on it. Seems like the shut down the one lane leading to the bottom floor.
Right. There are two lanes for cars to turn left into the Lime Garage. Previously, the left lane would go to the bottom floor, and the right lane would go to a ramp to upper levels. That caused confusion, and I and others frequently saw people panicking to get over to the right lane after the turn. Now Disney appears of have decided to force everyone into the right lane after the turn. Not the best idea IMO.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Right. There are two lanes for cars to turn left into the Lime Garage. Previously, the left lane would go to the bottom floor, and the right lane would go to a ramp to upper levels. That caused confusion, and I and others frequently saw people panicking to get over to the right lane after the turn. Now Disney appears of have decided to force everyone into the right lane after the turn. Not the best idea IMO.
Not at all. I believe that they should have put up a sign. What they've done looks tacky.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
I was there before they did all of that. It isn't like you can't get to the second level to part. This was cheaply done and kind of upsetting.

Next Big Thing

I was there before they did all of that. It isn't like you can't get to the second level to part. This was cheaply done and kind of upsetting.

wow that's crazy. how about some signage instead
Let's wait until after the Holidays are over and see if they leave it or not. This seems to me like one of those quick, stop gap measures in order to make things less complicated for the busy next few weeks.

I would expect permanent signage after that, but we'll see.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Let's wait until after the Holidays are over and see if they leave it or not. This seems to me like one of those quick, stop gap measures in order to make things less complicated for the busy next few weeks.

I would expect permanent signage after that, but we'll see.
That's true. Usually though, that is something that stays. Disney, also, usually fixes things like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom