Downtown Disney to introduce designated smoking areas this week

Daniel Johnson

The placement of the smoking area beside the castle and the one between fantasyland and Tomorrowland back by the train tracks is ridiculous. As a former smoker I understand the want to light up, but I never did it in front of kids, I never wanted a curious mind to take up such a costly and dangdroid habit. Disney days always been a smoke free day. I was a vaper up until a month or so ago, but as I wasn't technically smoking and didn't need to take 5-10 minutes at a time to smoke, I would discreetly take a drag while walking through a smoking ssection and hold in the vapor until it was fully dissipated and was no longer visable if I happened to leave the area before I had exhaled. I figured no harm, no foul. A lot of vapers fight having to be corralled into using a ecig in a smoking section because it isn't the same....honestly, the rules are perfectly legitimate.
I do think it will be hard to enforce at DD with people freely being able to access the area, it's something I have no problem wit though...and I don't hate smoking. The smell of it to this day makes me want to light one up. If it ain't done right in front of me, I don't give it a second thought, heck, it's Disney, the last thing I want on my mind is nicotine or my cell phone.

stevehousse

I am a smoker and I do agree that the location next to the castle isn't nessecary. I hate that it's there. My favorite spots in MK are the ones tucked away out of sight. The exit ramp area of BTMR is next to the exit ramp at the back of the park, a dead end. I also like the one tucked between Tomorrowland and Circus Land. It's a very light footed traffic path that many people don't really go down because it is almost hidden away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom