Changes to Holidays Around the World at Epcot for 2014

Thumper 32

Man, Disney communications is a mess. Just a few days ago, the parks blog posted the story about food offerings for the holidays.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ays-around-the-world-november-28-december-30/

And in that article, they specifically mention each of the three prior storytellers in Mexico, Morroxco, and China (three kings, drummer, monkey king).

Then today they finally announce these new acts, which were also teased in the holiday press release a few weeks back.

Why can't they get their stories straight?

Kevin_W

Wdwmagic post says through December 29, Disneyparksblog says through the 30th. do we know which one is correct? We're going down for the new year and arrive on 12/30 so it makes a bit of difference to us!

RSoxNo1

Wdwmagic post says through December 29, Disneyparksblog says through the 30th. do we know which one is correct? We're going down for the new year and arrive on 12/30 so it makes a bit of difference to us!
I suspect some components will not be showing on 12/30 due to crowds. The Peace on Earth tag will show on 12/30 and 12/31, but only the early show on 12/31. The midnight show on 12/31 is typically a different New Years tag.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Candlelight, Peace on earth - runt through to Dec 30. The Storytellers run through to the 29th.

TheRabbit

I read that members of Off Kilter are returning to Epcot for the holidays as The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs. Anyone hear anything about this?

grdxribeiro

What!?! no more Monkey King.
11d.jpg
AVe201

disney4life2008

I was at epcot last night and i counted 7 Christmas trees. 6 in back of the ball and 1 guest services. It was pathetic. But I assume the holidays has not started at epcot yet lol

Thumper 32

Man, Disney communications is a mess. Just a few days ago, the parks blog posted the story about food offerings for the holidays.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ays-around-the-world-november-28-december-30/

And in that article, they specifically mention each of the three prior storytellers in Mexico, Morroxco, and China (three kings, drummer, monkey king).

Then today they finally announce these new acts, which were also teased in the holiday press release a few weeks back.

Why can't they get their stories straight?

Well, they have now updated the food post on the blog. But rather than fix the parts that were wrong, they just deleted everything about Morocco, China, and Mexico. I guess it's easier to just delete parts than actually edit it so people can still have the info about the foods in those countries. Such laziness!

Thumper 32

Now that I've bashed the quality of the blog posts, here are some actual thoughts on the announcement.

A lion dance in China should be exciting. I've never been a huge fan of the Monkey King show, but that might be cause I've always had bad luck seeing an obviously white guy trying to do a bad Chinese accent. And it was just not as fun or entertaining compared to other ones like Norway or UK.

The Morocco change isn't surprising, as the previous storyteller show tied in to MoRockin. The new one has potential to be a good new refresh.

Mexico is the one that will be very interesting. At one extreme, they could be taking a cue from the awesome Viva Navidad show at DCA and doing a fun new offering. At the other, it could be taking the super cheap route and eliminating three Equity actors (three kings) to just have the existing mariachi group play a christmas song. The current announcement is fairly vague, and the answer is probably somewhere in the middle. But I can't wait to find out in a few weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom