PHOTOS - First look inside the new Haunted Mansion gift shop - Memento Mori

Mickey_777

Now they should make real Splash Mountain merchandise to sell at the Splash Mountain store.

Yes. Both shops are beautifully themed but severely lacking in actual (and satisfactual) Splash Mountain merchandise. I'm impressed with what they now offer at Momento Mori though I know a lot has to do with the HM anniversary out in DL

TheRabbit

Does anyone know the maximum occupancy? I counted maybe 12 peeps in the shop, including myself, before the CM stopped others from entering. I assume the occupancy is probably higher than that but I did feel a little cramped in the store.
Yes, Manager said 30-35 people.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
30 guests? I'd feel like a sardine for sure crammed into that little shop of horrors. It was kinda difficult to shop or even take-in the great theming with 8 or so guests; 30-35 would be a nightmare...and a fire hazard.

The shop is themed spectacularly. The blacklight effect on the HM portrait was really cool. Exterior needs a little more love, but it does find a good balance between HM and Liberty Square's other facades. For a bit of armchair imagineering; There's this perfect spot in the corner of the building right next to the Memento Mori sign where a Little Leota animatronic could perch enticing guests to come inside. But that's just wishfully thinking. Speaking of, as awesome as the lenticular souvenir Ghost Portraits are I wish the photography studio was a bit smaller to give the gift shop more room. Overall, I'm pleased as punch to have a dedicated HM store! Thanks Disney!

Last edited:

TheRabbit

30 guests? I'd feel like a sardine for sure crammed into that little shop of horrors. It was kinda difficult to shop or even take-in the great theming with 8 or so guests; 30-35 would be a nightmare...and a fire hazard.
That's the answer the manager on duty told me, and I asked specifically that question. I agree, seems small for a re-done shop.

NearTheEars

There didn't seem to be lines for it today, but it did get a bit cramped. Came out with a Ghost Host hat.

I went in to check out the Trilby, but it just wasn't good quality: the images and logo were just screen printed on.

I liked the hitchhiking ghost fedora, but it was too expensive for me to justify since I'd probably only ever wear it to the parks.

NYBaloo

We went last week and thought the shop was fantastic. Lots of unique items that are sure to please the HM fans. Had our lenticular pics done and they turned out amazing. It is a small shop and there was quite the line of folks waiting to get in, but its worth the wait.

RedtoGray

Too bad it's wrong. Officially, the Foyer portrait is not the Ghost Host, but actually, this guy. Note the noose around his neck and the clothing being a match to the hanging corpse. Also Marc Davis's original sketches labeling it as "Ghost Host".
3hatchetmansurrell.jpg

Imagineering has also been insistent on keeping a separation between the Ghost Host and Master Gracey in recent years, so yeah, somebody in merchandising is gonna be in trouble.
I should have been more specific. I was referring to the shirts with the "Ghost Host" name tag not the Foyer portrait. But I guess that's wrong too considering the CMs are not actually the "Ghost Host(s)." Still very cool stuff and will buy as much as I can.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
I should have been more specific. I was referring to the shirts with the "Ghost Host" name tag not the Foyer portrait. But I guess that's wrong too considering the CMs are not actually the "Ghost Host(s)." Still very cool stuff and will buy as much as I can.

I can't wait to drop some coin at this shop. Unique merch and a themed venue based on Haunted Mansion is a wonderful thing. I have a feeling this place will be shopped continuously.

*1023*

Milla4Prez66

I finally checked this out on Tuesday, incredibly tiny but some neat stuff in there. Nothing to get hyped up about, but hey it's a start. I really hope Disney starts selling more attraction related merchandise. Tired of seeing the same ol, same ol in every Disney store.

PhotoDave219

I finally checked this out on Tuesday, incredibly tiny but some neat stuff in there. Nothing to get hyped up about, but hey it's a start. I really hope Disney starts selling more attraction related merchandise. Tired of seeing the same ol, same ol in every Disney store.

I don't know… All the plates and wine glasses and silverware seemed very nice to me.

Hopefully it is a start of breaking away from the Blanding generic merchandise we've had since Paul Pressler was around.

Next Big Thing

I don't know… All the plates and wine glasses and silverware seemed very nice to me.

Hopefully it is a start of breaking away from the Blanding generic merchandise we've had since Paul Pressler was around.
The problem with all of the plates Disney sells is that they aren't Dishwasher safe. They must be washed by hand or risk the design on the plate being ruined.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom