PHOTOS - Castle Dreamlight installation underway at the Magic Kingdom

John

I swear it seems just like it was last week that they just took those suckers down. I must be getting old, time is going by so fast. Summer is over already? What the Heck! Halloween has started at WDW?.....huh Did we celebrate the fourth of July yet?

Anyone want to ponder how much is cut back this year in Christmas decorations.....again! With all the construction at the Poly I wonder if they will decorate all the construction walls...so magical.

Anyone here remember when WDW was basically decorated over night?

Poor EPCOT decorations have been reduced to basically a tree. What I would do to see it decorated like it was in the 80's. Anybody want to bet that main street will have less decorations this year? They have to cut the budget, this seems like a perfect place to make that bottom line look even better.

But don't worry, Christmas week will still have people butts to nuts.....who in their right mind would pay thousands to spend Christmas with tens of thousands of people that are upset that they are there....with tens of thousands of other upset people?

I agree, this Christmas will be a "Frozen" one in the swamps. I even could imagine the ginger bread house at the GF will be a Frozen castle:banghead:

Bolt

I swear it seems just like it was last week that they just took those suckers down. I must be getting old, time is going by so fast. Summer is over already? What the Heck! Halloween has started at WDW?.....huh Did we celebrate the fourth of July yet?

Anyone want to ponder how much is cut back this year in Christmas decorations.....again! With all the construction at the Poly I wonder if they will decorate all the construction walls...so magical.

Anyone here remember when WDW was basically decorated over night?

Poor EPCOT decorations have been reduced to basically a tree. What I would do to see it decorated like it was in the 80's. Anybody want to bet that main street will have less decorations this year? They have to cut the budget, this seems like a perfect place to make that bottom line look even better.

But don't worry, Christmas week will still have people butts to nuts.....who in their right mind would pay thousands to spend Christmas with tens of thousands of people that are upset that they are there....with tens of thousands of other upset people?

I agree, this Christmas will be a "Frozen" one in the swamps. I even could imagine the ginger bread house at the GF will be a Frozen castle:banghead:
Glass half empty much?

Amy Brewer

Just a quick question for the locals who visit often… how long does the crane stay up? Im visiting wednesday and want to get some good pictures of the castle. Will i have to photoshop it out of every picture or does it come down at certain times?

hpyhnt 1000

Anybody want to bet that main street will have less decorations this year? They have to cut the budget, this seems like a perfect place to make that bottom line look even better.

Goodness, someone is all doom and gloom this morning! ;)

But you do raise a point about Main Street. This is the first Christmas we will have with the new FoF parade. It will be interesting to see the modified decorations they will have to replace the old wreaths that hung over Main Street. Not saying this will equal a cut, just that it will be interesting to see.

G00fyDad

Really seems like they would find some way to integrate these lights into the skin of the castle somehow.

that would save the 2 months of setup and the 2 months of tear down each year.

and not to mention the aesthetics would be better. since then they'd be totally invisible during the daytime.

My thoughts exactly. Not to complain much or anything, but I really hate that the castle is draped in these lights when we go in October. It would be nice to see them use the laser lights to do this effect instead of the hanging nets all over the castle.

Nemo14

Just a quick question for the locals who visit often… how long does the crane stay up? Im visiting wednesday and want to get some good pictures of the castle. Will i have to photoshop it out of every picture or does it come down at certain times?
In the past it's been down at around 7 every night.

Tinkerbell 8

I hope that Frozen doesn't take over the show, this will be the first time I'm going to the MVMCP and I want to see the original version. Also, to answer your question psherman42, I'm assuming the first night they will be lit will be November 7th since that is the first night of the MVMCP.

raven

And when a bulb burns out, people will still whine about the crane. And I'm sure everyone would love the 6-month castle refurb required to imbed lights in the castle.

Possibly could take that long for a permenant installation but they could work on it during 3rd shift, same with light bulb changes.

And yes, the castle is a perfect location for a Frozen themed castle show but they are really starting to over saturate all of WDW with items from this movie. Not everyone is a fan of Frozen and they want to see other Disney themes when they come to WDW. Even some fans of Frozen are getting sick of how much Disney is pushing it. It's about time to Let It Go before Disney pushes it into the grave themselves.

EOD K9

Love this reply. I might use that the next time someone in dispatch gives me a hard time for my "attitude". LOL
Just be sure to give credit when you use it. When I have attitude on the radio, usually a dispatcher cries to their supervisor and their supervisor calls my supervisor and we all agree it won't happen again......until the next time it happens.

iheartdisney91

Super happy I'll be missing the crane for my trip!
Yes I know its necessary, and the lights are spectacular, the crane just isn't
What I want to see when looking at the castle.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
The open walkway on the east side of the castle. Interestingly, there are still two front turrets without the light netting on them. Either they're not covering them, or aren't using the crane to put them up.
IMG_3223.JPG
IMG_3224.JPG
IMG_3225.JPG
IMG_3226.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom