The Harmony Barber Shop at the Magic Kingdom closing for refurbishment in early 2015

boufa

Lately it seems if something is unique and it closes for refurb there is a general trend that it does not really return....

Complete crap... We complain about 2 things, things changing and things staying the same. Both happen at Disney. Don't like it, stop liking Disney.

This whole conversation has crossed way beyond the line into ridiculous. The only information is that it is closing for refurb. The speculation has been built upon with Rumor, arm chair imagineering, arm chair theme park managing, and down right made up details, in order to not only think of the worst, but actually accept the worst as an already completed fact. There is no way Disney will every be able to satisfy "fans" with this mentality, so they don't even bother to try.

Fractal514

I got my two kid's haircuts at the Barber Shop around closing time on Monday. Confirmed that they are indeed reopening and that part of the refurb is a reconfiguration of the chairs so that all three are on the back wall. They seemed to think that the registration/cashier was getting moved out in front of the store, but weren't sure. They thought it was funny that folks online were worried they would be closing, but they were appreciative that folks cared.

dgp602

I got my two kid's haircuts at the Barber Shop around closing time on Monday. Confirmed that they are indeed reopening and that part of the refurb is a reconfiguration of the chairs so that all three are on the back wall. They seemed to think that the registration/cashier was getting moved out in front of the store, but weren't sure. They thought it was funny that folks online were worried they would be closing, but they were appreciative that folks cared.
Good news!!!!!!

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, Apr 4. The Magic Kingdom's Harmony Barber Shop opened on Monday, March 30. There are still some cabinets and pictures/frames to be added, however, here are today's photos. The three barber chairs have been moved across the back wall, instead of the original position along the left wall as you enter. The waiting area is now to the left of the door, under the left window. Cashier's counter is to the right of the door.

IMG_5261.JPG

IMG_5262.JPG

Bolt

Photo update as of Saturday, Apr 4. The Magic Kingdom's Harmony Barber Shop opened on Monday, March 30. There are still some cabinets and pictures/frames to be added, however, here are today's photos. The three barber chairs have been moved across the back wall, instead of the original position along the left wall as you enter. The waiting area is now to the left of the door, under the left window. Cashier's counter is to the right of the door.

View attachment 89074

View attachment 89075
Looks nice!

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Yes this 38year old got his haircut in December 2014. I have been shaving my head for almost 16 years and grew it out just for the cut. She really played it up and gave me a spinner light to play with, pixie dusted my hair, and a First Haircut Certificate. I will be back in June:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom