New VIP series tour - The Ultimate Day at Epcot's International Food and Wine Festival

Marc Gil

I mean, it sounds great, but the moment I saw the price I was like..
6284_0352.gif

Yeah, that's almost the price of an AP... I would understand if it was priced at $150 maybe $200 due to the champagne and liquor, but $400?!

That's a little too steep.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
C'mon ... bad example ... bad, bad ... most restaurants I go to charge the same for a tater whether you get it with nothing ... have 1-2 items or go ... all the way (also on the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack and a major hit for what 70s group?)
Right, but the places a faux 1%er like yourself goes to makes you pay extra for the sides to begin with and only places the numbers on the left side of the decimal on the menu ;)

note2001

• A champagne and appetizer welcome at the VIP Lounge in the Festival Center. - $30?
  • A ride on Test Track, Soarin', Spaceship Earth and Seas with Nemo and Friends. $0
  • A hosted beverage tasting at the VIP Lounge, followed by a 6 course tapas-style lunch with beverage pairings. -$60?
  • A backstage tour of The Land's Greenhouses. $20
  • A hosted tasting of three food and beverage pairings from the World Showcase Marketplace. $30?
  • VIP seating with champagne at the Eat to the Beat Concert in World Showcase. $30?
  • Reserved viewing location for IllumiNations. $0 (not worth money)
So honestly it's worth about 1/2 what they're charging

Disney personally dusting out your wallet for you: priceless.

All these "special events", after hours parties, special tours and even nighttime rentals of watercraft for special viewing locations has left me feeling like a huge sink hole has opened up under the magic. I really can't explain why it feels that way. Perhaps it's just a combo of everything they have going on.

Last edited:

MattC

This.

Also, who on earth pays for stuff like this?

Things like this make me think of phone scams. Why do people still try and scam folks over the phone? Because some people still fall for it.

If Disney offers it, someone will buy it. NOT ME! But someone.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Disney personally dusting out your wallet for you: priceless.

All these "special events", after hours parties, special tours and even nighttime rentals of watercraft for special viewing locations has left me feeling like a huge sink hole has opened up under the magic. I really can't explain why it feels that way. Perhaps it's just a combo of everything they have going on.

Actually, like others have said, if WDW can recoup a bit of their 2 billion dollar hole that MM+ left, then its a good thing, as long as it isn't affecting the regular guests

Nmoody1

Is anyone super excited to hear Jay Rasulo proudly announce on the next shareholders call 'parks and resorts spending was up... despite the stale product we offer, we completely conned people into buying BS experiences we probably should be offering anyway'.

DougK

I mean, it sounds great, but the moment I saw the price I was like..
Yeah, that's almost the price of an AP... I would understand if it was priced at $150 maybe $200 due to the champagne and liquor, but $400?! That's a little too steep.

Don't worry, Disney will solve that "almost the price of an AP" issue by raising the prices of APs. In fact the price of a regular AP is now $634.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Up charges? I don't think there have been any up charges. Hard ticketed events, special tours, unique experiences, all requiring additional charges, yes. But these items were not free in the past, so Im not sure how you classify this as "up charges".

Upcharge events are things that are offered for an additional fee. Not that prices have been added to something formally free.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom