PHOTOS - Newly refurbished Captain Cook's reopens at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort

omurice

Refurb looks nice! Good riddance touch screens -- Great in theory, and horrible in practice.

Get in the wrong line and you were stuck behind someone ordering for a family of 57 carbo-loading for an Arctic expedition...
"What is "Restart"? >bleep< >bleep< Ooops did I just start over AGAIN?" :mad:

ps - Surprised about the Dole whip machine... hope they replace that soon.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Refurb looks nice! Good riddance touch screens -- Great in theory, and horrible in practice.

Get in the wrong line and you were stuck behind someone ordering for a family of 57 carbo-loading for an Arctic expedition...

Dole Whip won't be back at Cook's. It will only be available at the new kiosk.

nolatron

Was hoping they'd get rid of the weird behind each other both side cashier.... thing... or whatever you call it.

Too many times have people cut in line to go to the 2nd cashier while the cashier is serving the other side while I'm standing there waiting my turn to go either to #1 or #2.

Just a weird setup to me.

I don't mind the dole whip going away... but where's the adult grilled cheese? :(

tikiman

I think the touch screens were great and continue to work well at other resorts.

Now you can get stuck behind the family of 57 at one ordering station and hope they type it in your order correctly since you can't do it yourself now.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I think the touch screens were great and continue to work well at other resorts.

Now you can get stuck behind the family of 57 at one ordering station and hope they type it in your order correctly since you can't do it yourself now.
Yeah I never saw an issue with the touch screens, or had a problem myself. I thought it was a good addition. I'm surprised to see them gone.

ToTBellHop

Yeah I never saw an issue with the touch screens, or had a problem myself. I thought it was a good addition. I'm surprised to see them gone.
I found them to be more problematic in the MK than at the deluxes. They were pretty short-lived at Pecos Bill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom