New vice president for Disney's Animal Kingdom as Josh D'Amaro moves to new role

xstech25

Yes the transport guy was brought in to FIX transportation in the process he ruffled feathers (they needed ruffling) and he was transferred to EPCOT as a sinecure
Or he oversaw the expansions they hired him for (re-doing MKs bus area and monorail system reconfig to a more industry-standard operation), and then moved him to another executive level role to get him experience in another line of business, like they do with most all executives?

Josh D'Amaro went from running Adventures by Disney, to running Animal Kingdom, to running Resorts & Transportation. If anything i'd consider this a pretty normal "business as usual" move, if anything in this company it would be weird for a high profile VP to actually keep one job for many years. I mean this company switched their VP of Parks & Resorts and CFO, those are two totally different jobs (can you imagine going from running the travel business to being CFO of a bunch of different brands in a bunch of different industries?) It must be pretty neat though to be high up in a company and know in a few years you will be probably be moved to a different job.

Also I don't know how you can consider running a massive world-famous place that has thousands of employees a sinecure. I think it would be safe to say that any job running a huge theme park, resort, university, etc would be pretty stressful.

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Or he oversaw the expansions they hired him for (re-doing MKs bus area and monorail system reconfig to a more industry-standard operation), and then moved him to another executive level role to get him experience in another line of business, like they do with most all executives?

Josh D'Amaro went from running Adventures by Disney, to running Animal Kingdom, to running Resorts & Transportation. If anything i'd consider this a pretty normal "business as usual" move, if anything in this company it would be weird for a high profile VP to actually keep one job for many years. I mean this company switched their VP of Parks & Resorts and CFO, those are two totally different jobs (can you imagine going from running the travel business to being CFO of a bunch of different brands in a bunch of different industries?) It must be pretty neat though to be high up in a company and know in a few years you will be probably be moved to a different job.

Also I don't know how you can consider running a massive world-famous place that has thousands of employees a sinecure. I think it would be safe to say that any job running a huge theme park, resort, university, etc would be pretty stressful.

Because many of us have been in corporate life long enough to recognize when an executive is moved because of politics and selfsame executive has an iron clad contract, In these cases the executive in question is given a 'window seat' and nothing to do in the hopes that they will find a new job and move on.

The expansion of the bus terminals is something any competent project manager could handle. That is not a project which requires a senior VP with a background in operating major transit systems. Disney transportation is BROKEN and needs to be fixed. Unfortunately like so many organizations they REALLY DONT want to fix the problem just appear to be fixing it.

xstech25

I would like to see evidence for this case. The people I know in the company were telling me when he was hired that he wanted to expand the bus system as well as the roads, and did not want to expand the monorail system because the routes can't be changed on demand and doen't make fiscal sense in this scenario. So i'm just wondering where the evidence is on your reasoning?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom