My Disney Experience to bring improvements to dining reservations for users of iOS and the website

BernardandBianca

This is a good start, but we need something more than iOS. Oh, and I'd venture to say that we've been making same-day reservations (for lunch) for over 6 years now. Not everything is always available, but we've never not been able to get a lunch ressie at an acceptable restaurant. Of course, we're adults, so a character meal is not something we're interested in.

doctornick

I suspect many are booked months in advance. But then people cancel as they get closer to their trip, once they know EMH, FP+'s, etc. I tend to book more than I'll likely use and then cancel as timing becomes clear.

Right. And with every place requiring a credit card to reserve and a cancellation fee if not kept, I suspect a lot of places get cancellations last minute (the day before or within a few days) and allow for availability the day of.

IlikeDW

A misconception I think. I've tried Jiko, Boma, Sanaa, Citricos, Narcooces, Cal Grill - all have availability today.
I agree, was Onsite mid June and was able to grab two same day reservations, the same was true of FP+( at least for evening times)

Last edited:

BrianV

I spent the morning canceling our unneeded reservations for 10 days from now. With FP+ and BOG lunch all tied up, I know where I'll be when. Hated throwing back a wishes dessert buffer, but someone will be happy.

I just looked now and plenty of same day reservations are available in EPCOT Center and Hollywood Studios

Apropos to this new change, is there a way to search for everything available at a given time? For example, if you are at EPCOT and hungry, can you search for all restaurants with a 7pm availability? Seems like this would be the obvious next improvement, if you cannot already do it.

BernardandBianca

Yes, you can do that on the WDW Dining Reservation website (it has historically been one of the WDW sites that works). You can input date, and get dropdowns for park (upper left corner) and time (on the right). The time will give you availability for two hours.

ABQ

Yes, as stated above, it does work on the website, but you cannot search an entire park or resort area on the mobile app. At least not yet.

BrianV

Cool that it works. But not on the Mobil app? I guess I can look on the ipad while back at the hotel in the afternoon if needed. Or just search one by one.

tribbleorlfl

Yes, as stated above, it does work on the website, but you cannot search an entire park or resort area on the mobile app. At least not yet.
Uh, yes you can (though admittedly, the feature didn't reliably work until the most recent update). Plan & Manage > Dining > Search By Location. Then select "All Parks & Resorts," a specific park or a specific resort, along with party size and desired time. I've found the generic "Lunch" or "Dinner" options yield the greatest results, though they tend to be further out.

ABQ

You're going to have to help me out then @tribbleorlfl
WDWapp1.jpeg
WDWapp2.jpeg
, as I can absolutely select a park, but there is no filter to select a dining time, only once I select an individual restaurant can I then select # in the party and times. Maybe this is yet another shortcoming to the Android app vs iOS, though I'm not sure which platform you are using.

RSoxNo1

You're going to have to help me out then @tribbleorlfl View attachment 61875 View attachment 61874 , as I can absolutely select a park, but there is no filter to select a dining time, only once I select an individual restaurant can I then select # in the party and times. Maybe this is yet another shortcoming to the Android app vs iOS, though I'm not sure which platform you are using.
It's still not really user friendly. The app needs a lot of work.

tribbleorlfl

You're going to have to help me out then @tribbleorlfl View attachment 61875 View attachment 61874 , as I can absolutely select a park, but there is no filter to select a dining time, only once I select an individual restaurant can I then select # in the party and times. Maybe this is yet another shortcoming to the Android app vs iOS, though I'm not sure which platform you are using.
Works the same in my Android app and my wife's iPhone app. Click on the menu button at the top by the Mickey head, scroll and select " Dining" and then you will be able to search by location.
Screenshot_2014-08-13-19-35-54.png

CameraZOOM-20140813202530544.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom