Kona Island at Disney's Polynesian Resort to temporarily close during lobby refurbishment

rael ramone

Bad news needs to be delivered along with the good...

It's my guess that Kona Island is primarily frequented by Poly guests... if any of those guests feel that Kona Island being unavailable is a deal killer, hopefully they will be able to move to another resort... haven't been in Kimono's in years, but that's always been good...

Hope Kona Cafe isn't affected.... not looking forward to the defurb work, but am looking forward to the potstickers & the sustainable fish...

omurice

Guests of the Poly missing the pool will get a bus to Blizzard Beach with a free voucher. Those missing Kona Island could probably ask for a "sushi voucher" for Kimono's or California Grill. With all the vouchers adjusted cost per night for a family could at some point actually drop below $200... :)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I wonder if they will serve the Kona coffee somewhere else. You can get it at Kona Cafe, but this was where we got it to go. Hopefully they still serve the coffee in the morning when it reopens. It's sooooo good:hungry:

Soarin' Over Pgh

Really - WDW should just shut the Hotel DOWN, do whatever work they NEED to (including asbestos removal), and re-open the "new" Poly.

You and your logic, get the heck out of here!

But seriously, I agree this is what they should have done.but, can't do that, they might lose a few vacation dollars. :rolleyes: I would be so mad to pay $500 a night and see a sea of construction walls.

Edit to add: had they have shut the entire resort down, rehabbed it all in one go, and reopened, don't you think there would be a HUGE demand for rooms there to experience the "new" Polynesian? Another short sighted vision by keeping it open.

Same as new fantasyland. If they would have launched it at once instead of piece by piece it would have been much more anticipated and exciting. By the time the mine train opened, all the hardcore fans (re: us) were thinking was "finally".

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I wonder if they will serve the Kona coffee somewhere else. You can get it at Kona Cafe, but this was where we got it to go. Hopefully they still serve the coffee in the morning when it reopens. It's sooooo good:hungry:

Even with Starbucks now at WDW, I still think the best coffee is the Kona served at the Polynesian. Early mornings, (if I was in the MK area), I'd take the monorail over to the Polynesian to the Kona Island Coffee Bar, and get a cup "to go" . . . heavenly! It was definitely worth the side trip to get a cup! :)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Even with Starbucks now at WDW, I still think the best coffee is the Kona served at the Polynesian. Early mornings, (if I was in the MK area), I'd take the monorail over to the Polynesian to the Kona Island Coffee Bar, and get a cup "to go" . . . heavenly! It was definitely worth the side trip to get a cup! :)
Yep. We did the same thing when staying at BLT. It's real 100% Kona coffee. None of that Kona blend stuff you can buy in a supermarket which is only 10% Kona Coffee. You can buy a bag and to use in your room, but it's something like $40 for for a 12oz bag of 100% Kona. They also sold a blend which I think was like 40% Kona for less than half that price.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom