The Magic Carpets of Aladdin closing for refurbishment in November

Aurora1

It needs it- we were there last week and it broke down multiple times- a few of the carpets had back sections that were missing or falling off.

ABQ

Why is this attraction so reviled? Outside of the "it doesn't belong in Adventureland" argument that is? Seems like, for me at least, it's a good option for children that like spinners and don't want to walk all the way to Dumbo 2.0 Yet all these adults, who I don't think it's necessarily looking to please anyway, come on this forum and slam the ride. I could take it or leave it, but I think it's sometimes fun to see an unsuspecting guest spit on by the camel looking toward the Dole Whip stand.

rioriz

IMHO this was the best spinner in WDW....new Dumbo takes its place due to the dueling factor and light package

Soarin' Over Pgh

Why is this attraction so reviled? Outside of the "it doesn't belong in Adventureland" argument that is? Seems like, for me at least, it's a good option for children that like spinners and don't want to walk all the way to Dumbo 2.0 Yet all these adults, who I don't think it's necessarily looking to please anyway, come on this forum and slam the ride. I could take it or leave it, but I think it's sometimes fun to see an unsuspecting guest spit on by the camel looking toward the Dole Whip stand.

It feels so out of place. It's plopped down in a well themed area but it's theme just doesn't match.

And I hate that camel. :cautious:

Kman101

It's unecessary. And a cheap "ride". I'm sure the kids love it but they'd be just fine if it wasn't there either. It's out of place and it seems like that money and man power could have gone elsewhere. It also takes up too big of a chunk of the walkway into Adventureland, IMO.

ABQ

For the same reason the hat is... Placement
So I guess the one caveat I gave in my original post is the one, or one of, the reasons. I can accept that, though it doesn't block the Tiki House nearly as much as the BAH does the GMR

flynnibus

Premium Member
So I guess the one caveat I gave in my original post is the one, or one of, the reasons. I can accept that, though it doesn't block the Tiki House nearly as much as the BAH does the GMR

It's that and the fact it's yet another spinner in a park that already had two spinners

tl77

:facepalm: This is closed for the 1 week my family is going to be there. We have little kids and the nice thing about Magic Carpets is that each carpet vehicle has 2 rows of seats so a whole family can ride together if they want. Plus the Magic Carpets have the highest capacity of the MK's 3 spinners, it can hold 64 people per ride, each Dumbo is half that at 32, so it takes both Dumbos to match the Carpets, and Astro only holds 24

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom