PHOTOS - 'Frozen' MagicBands to debut at Disney's Hollywood Studios next week

Dwarful

How many did the make for the SWW? I know they weren't available until the final weekend (or two) of the SWW so they missed a lot of opportunities to sell them. We left June 8th and they weren't selling them yet..but we wouldn't have bought them anyway. We didn't see too many people purchasing any add ons for their bands either.

Any word on if the Frozen ones 'make music' or any 'extras' when scanned in certain parks the way the SW ones did? If not, that could also be a reason for the lower price...esp. since SW were limited and these are open ended. Just wondering....

cw1982

How many did the make for the SWW? I know they weren't available until the final weekend (or two) of the SWW so they missed a lot of opportunities to sell them. We left June 8th and they weren't selling them yet..but we wouldn't have bought them anyway. We didn't see too many people purchasing any add ons for their bands either.

Idk how many were made but they were promoted as a limited edition band, so numbers were lower than other options. The Frozen ones are not supposed to be a limited edition sale, so there should be many more of them than the Star Wars bands.

mikeh

The Star Wars ones were $24.95 (I think... maybe you're right) and they didn't sell out. I think Disney realized they might have been a bit overpriced so they're coming down a little.

No. They're priced lower because they aren't limited edition and don't feature FP+ sounds

Uncle Orville

I got an olaf magic band this morning!!!! I will attach a photo of it in this post. It's really cool and magical!! It also has a few extra features with it.
21290kp.jpg

Uncle Orville

Ok, so it's $29.99 for the Olaf limited edition one. It sings it's summer when you scan it for fp+, also the FP+ Mickey head lights up in a rainbow of colors instead of just green. At the hotel when you scan it, it has a little jingle. It's really cool!!!

cbettua

Ok, so it's $29.99 for the Olaf limited edition one. It sings it's summer when you scan it for fp+, also the FP+ Mickey head lights up in a rainbow of colors instead of just green. At the hotel when you scan it, it has a little jingle. It's really cool!!!

Where at the hotel do you scan it? What about the front gates? Thats really neat.

Uncle Orville

Where at the hotel do you scan it? What about the front gates? Thats really neat.
I (meaning my parents) used it to enter the parking lot at our hotel, and to get to the pool so they knew that I was actually staying at the hotel I went swimming at. I'm going to try to take a picture of what the FP+ mickey head does later at ToT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom