Cirque du Soleil is offering a new premium 'La Nouba' experience at Downtown Disney

seahawk7

I know it was mentioned before, but can anyone confirm, is this a Cirque thing or a Disney thing. Meaning, who is really taking the cash in this so called "cash grab" A number of people have thrown WDW under the bus on this one, but I thought most, if not all, the 3rd parties at DTD operate on their own and just pay lease fees to Disney.
I think someone said it's a Cirque thing.

seahawk7

:rolleyes:

I read the information provided and immediately decided this package sounded like a pretty good deal. I'll be booking it for my son and I for this August.

Then I read the rest of this thread and can honestly say the vast majority of interlocutors to this thread are bat-poop crazy!

1- This is Cirque offering something new as an add-on experience to their already amazing show.
2- The added cost beyond the current ticket price is quite reasonable for an opportunity to meet with a performer, a backstage visit, a gift bag with merchandise and a 10% discount should you want anything else from their store.

You may all now continue your nonsense...

I'll be booking the experience! :cool:
See, to me, this Cirque experience is not worth it. But its good that it is available for those who think it is. I liked the Feel The Force Premium Package and am glad it was available for me to book despite some people thinking otherwise.

landauh

My point is most people aren't going to make that distinction. Also, you do not know for a fact that this is separate from Disney. I'm not backtracking from my point one bit. I'm not implying anything at all. I am plainly stating that Disney overdoing it on these upcharges and this is just another straw on the camel's back. Fair or unfair, that's how most people are going to view it.

I'm am surprised that you haven't brought up the fact that the Hess stations have increased the cost of gas by more than 20 cents and are not offering a free pizza and make you pump it yourself. This is obviously, based on your definition, a Cash-grab by Disney and you are ignoring a chance to complain about it.

lebeau

I'm am surprised that you haven't brought up the fact that the Hess stations have increased the cost of gas by more than 20 cents and are not offering a free pizza and make you pump it yourself. This is obviously, based on your definition, a Cash-grab by Disney and you are ignoring a chance to complain about it.

:rolleyes:

omurice

So what is French or Québécois for cash grab? "le grab d'argent"?

*Seriously though, this one does not have the feel of some of the other new "opportunities" this summer. L'Experience is too rich for my blood, however it is an experience you could not otherwise get before, and die-hard Cirque fans may love this.

Now the Thrills Tour or Young Family Tour on the other hand... you can do every one of those things, indeed can get 5 day hoppers to visit all four parks, for exactly $10 more. This one boggles my mind, but I've yet to fly down to Orlando for a mere 1 day. To me those are not tours, they're plain old chiselling.

Last edited:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've booked tickets. My son and I will be going 29 August.

I've been thinking about all the "cash grab" talk and come to the realization that I don't care because I've paid lots more for different Disney experiences and never regretted a single one. Easily the most expensive single thing I've done was the Grape Getaway, which set me back just over $2,500 for just myself [not counting airfare, food and rooms for the rest of the trip]. If Disney were to announce doing that event again I'd sign up in a heartbeat and I know of at least three friends who would go with me!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

I've been thinking about all the "cash grab" talk and come to the realization that I don't care because I've paid lots more for different Disney experiences and never regretted a single one. Easily the most expensive single thing I've done was the Grape Getaway, which set me back just over $2,500 for just myself [not counting airfare, food and rooms for the rest of the trip]. If Disney were to announce doing that event again I'd sign up in a heartbeat and I know of at least three friends who would go with me!
Let us know how it goes. Have a great time.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

To be fair money spent on alcohol falls more into the investment column.

Front and Centre seating on its own is $134 . So for $116 you get:

• Souvenir popcorn and soft drinks
  • A Cirque du Soleil gift bag with merchandise
  • A meet and greet with a performer from the show
  • A look backstage at costuming and other areas
  • 10% discount for use in the gift shop
If the gift bag has decent stuff, that's not a terrible price. I'd say buy it now before the price goes up.

Considering how expensive Cirque merch is on its own, and like you said, if that bag has decent stuff in it, plus all those other things, I too think that this isn't a bad price.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom