Grand Floridian's Garden View Tea Room closing for refurbishment from today

Bocabear

They actually need a larger tea room as this is frequently sold out....2 months seems a long time to refurbish a smallish room off the lobby..Wonder what they are up to?

ninjaprincesst

Is it just me or does it seem like Disney waited for the busiest times of year and they are refurbing stuff everywhere. It almost seems like there is not one single hotel that won't be under some sort of refurb.

kane47

Are they keeping it a tea room? I really hope they are. One of the most underrated relaxing thing to do at disney world

ToTBellHop

I think January is the worst. Walls up everywhere, every year, same thing.
They are open year round. Summer is the perfect time for resort work if they aren't completely booked up. Be happy there are few rides closed. Busy times are perfect for work like this that only indirectly affects guests. Can't do all of the work in January/February...unless they just want to close for those two months.

Sans Souci

Will they also still serve afternoon tea at citricos or just have the tea party?

My guess is they are keeping the Tea Party open as it $250 per adult and child, $165 for each additional child and $85 pp over 12. The incentive is there to keep that open over the Afternoon Tea.

Bocabear

My guess is they are keeping the Tea Party open as it $250 per adult and child, $165 for each additional child and $85 pp over 12. The incentive is there to keep that open over the Afternoon Tea.
That is more expensive than Victoria and Albert's... Is this a private audience Tea Party? I have never heard of this...

dreamfinder

That is more expensive than Victoria and Albert's... Is this a private audience Tea Party? I have never heard of this...

The kids do get "gifts" included in that cost.

Princesses receive:

• A special 18-inch My Disney Girl doll dressed in a Princess Aurora gown plus accessories
  • A ribbon tiara
  • Silver Princess link bracelet
  • Fresh rose
  • Special princess scrapbook page
  • "Best Friend" certificate for their new My Disney Girl doll
Each young prince who attends will receive a plush Duffy the Disney Bear, a pin, Pirate Mickey Ears and a regal crown.

And the $250 is for an adult and child, and they do get a visit from Princess Aurora as well. I can't wager the prices aren't that different than what one would pay at an American Girl cafe, with a bit of Disney markup.

Bocabear

Wow that is nuts...Though if all your child wants to do is meet Princesses, it would save you a day's admission to the park and get you a lot more face time than the other Meet & Greet opportunities...
blechhh

I made a group reservation in March for the regular afternoon tea for 18 people for August 30th. They did not mention anything about menu changes to me and I had to choose a set menu for my group in advance.

71jason

The rooms in the main building are being refurbed, as well. Surprisingly Fourth of July is actually a "slow" week for the Grand, as there are no conventions in town.

BLY

I have a reservation for afternoon tea on the 1st August, hope its still on as it was a birthday present for my Auntie and our excuse to escape the kids / husbands for a couple of hours!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom