Changes to Typhoon Lagoon bus transportation beginning next week

stevebwv

Okay, those screens were said to be implemented in the 2008-ish time frame.

So how long have you worked for Disney?
I have not seen the one at AK before. Perhaps the GF has been there for 6 years but it was new to me. If this has been available for 6 years what is the delay in rolling it out everywhere?

I do not work for nor try to defend Disney. This sites negativity makes me defensive at times. I rarely post but the false outrage at the WL spring refurb inspired me today.

Kman101

I do consider the variables, I said that in my post. I understand that. I'm a very reasonable guest. I get it. I do.

I never said 10 minutes is unacceptable. Saying I've personally waited more than 10 minutes only meant that I wasn't agreeing with your statement that "everyone" waits an average of 10 minutes. That's just not true.

Of course that's an acceptable wait time for a bus. I think 20 minutes, when that happens, is very efficient considering all of the variables. As much as it may seem I criticize, I also do give them leeway and I give them credit where credit is due. No bus service will EVER be perfect. I don't expect that at all.

I also said they do a great job with the circumstances, pointing out I am aware that things like traffic, slow loading guests, etc. can sometimes cause a bus to run behind. I absolutely get it.

stevebwv

I never said 10 minutes is unacceptable. Saying I've personally waited more than 10 minutes only meant that I wasn't agreeing with your statement that "everyone" waits an average of 10 minutes. That's just not true.

I've personally waited longer than 10 minutes. You can't say that your "10 minute wait" is the be all for every guest. So it's why a bunch of folks were waiting for 30+ minutes at Downtown Disney for Art of Animation? You can't say that your experience is everyone's. It's not.

Sorry, I interpeted the "be all for every guest" as an indication that some may find a 10 minute wait unacceptable.

Also, I did not mean to imply that each guest will wait an average of 10 minutes. It would need a much larger sample size to get to that average. But I bet the standard deviation for each guest is small once they get above 20 trips.

I will leave this topic alone for now.

Kman101

I agree with you it's probably small over so many trips. I'm really not trying to endlessly complain about their service, just pointing out my views that I really don't like how they share stops at various resorts, but it is what it is and it's a minor complaint and in no way ruins my time there.

Not at all trying to argue with you, you have been extremely reasonable and make some good points.

They do a fairly good job under the circumstances. Bus service from Downtown Disney has always been somewhat frustrating though. I actually don't have many problems or long waits at the resorts I've stayed at. And of course to some guests, what in reality was 5 minutes they will be quick to say "oh no, it was 30 minutes" and I'm timing it the whole time and am like, really? Come on ... lol

PhotoDave219

I have not seen the one at AK before. Perhaps the GF has been there for 6 years but it was new to me. If this has been available for 6 years what is the delay in rolling it out everywhere?

I do not work for nor try to defend Disney. This sites negativity makes me defensive at times. I rarely post but the false outrage at the WL spring refurb inspired me today.

You'll forgive me if I don't believe you initially… You sound like you are reading from talking points prepared by a focus group…

PhotoDave219

Sorry, I interpeted the "be all for every guest" as an indication that some may find a 10 minute wait unacceptable.

Also, I did not mean to imply that each guest will wait an average of 10 minutes. It would need a much larger sample size to get to that average. But I bet the standard deviation for each guest is small once they get above 20 trips.

I will leave this topic alone for now.

Considering the unofficial guide to Disney World and good people over at touring plans used to publish this data every year for a whole Lot of years, 10 minutes is the time that corporate wants people to believe and use the "talking points" time where is actual data contradicted that.

Yes, Disney transportation does a very good job of moving guests from point a to point B a very safe manner. I would not call it timely nor efficient from a guest perspective.

From a corporate, budgetary viewpoint… Yes it's horribly efficient. But people don't come to Disney World to admire what being counters and celebration place to to save a buck for the company… and they certainly don't come to sit and wait on a bench in 90° heat and wait. And wait. And wait.

AndyS2992

Although inconvenient, I understand why they are doing it, as long as it is temporary. It will be embarrassing though getting on the resort bus at Epcot wet and everyone staring as they are unaware of the transport changes.

OKSTATE99

10 minutes would be average for a 20 minute cycle, not the maximum. And if you believe a 10 minute is unacceptable there will never be a service that satisfies.

Of course there are outliers of 30+ minutes. You listed the reasons for unforeseen circumstances. They happen. A bus has two scooters to unload and two more to load at one stop will make for a long delay. But these delays are not common it is just that the frustration of the experience sits longer in the consciousness than the uneventful five minute wait.

If you consider the variables that the system must deal (demand, weather, road conditions, scooters, lost guests, drivers) with they do a great job.

Oh god do I love you.. As you could bet I'm a Disney World Bus driver.

Im glad I won't be at Epcot this summer. Its going to be ummm not fun for the guests or the drivers. Just think of those Monorail resort guests. Wait for bus at TL, ride to Epcot, walk to MK Monorail, wait for said monorail, ride to MK, walk to Resort monorail.. You get the picture. I was guessing an hour transit.

And if you don't like the service complaining to the driver doesn't do anything. Go straight to Guest Relations at your resort or any theme or water park. We just go were our leaders tell us to go.

Last edited:

OKSTATE99

Although inconvenient, I understand why they are doing it, as long as it is temporary. It will be embarrassing though getting on the resort bus at Epcot wet and everyone staring as they are unaware of the transport changes.

Oh and the second point, were are told this is how its going to be till Disney Springs Bus Depot opens, which will be very near when the construction is done, so could be a year or longer.

Also because of all the road work that will be going on along (BVD) Buena Vista Blvd. I-4 Exit, Dedicated Bus lanes, widening the road to ten lanes, and I'm guessing reworking many of the DS entrances.

ToTBellHop

I will say this--whenever I've had an unreasonable (to me) bus wait, it's been to the MK (far from everything but it's own resorts) or DTD/TL. Disney seems aware of the need for more capacity to transport to and from MK with the recent additions of bus stops and ferry docks, so I hope that will improve. I also think DTD going to just one stop and wider roads will go a long way. I'm sure the last thing Disney wants is a long wait to get to DisneyMall.

That said, this is very inconvenient for summer guests. There is always BB...

OKSTATE99

Ive only experienced as a bus driver If you are waiting for a bus back to your resort at 1:59pm our transportation leaders make sure buses come in take you back to resort directly like the previous bus routes, But anyone leaving Typhoon at 2pm or later has to go to Epcot.

Two suggestions. Ive told guests this, do a half day and make sure to be at bus stop by 130 to return to your resort, second use your trip to Epcot as a planned evening, to eat dinner then watching fireworks.

worldfanatic

Ive only experienced as a bus driver If you are waiting for a bus back to your resort at 1:59pm our transportation leaders make sure buses come in take you back to resort directly like the previous bus routes, But anyone leaving Typhoon at 2pm or later has to go to Epcot.

Two suggestions. Ive told guests this, do a half day and make sure to be at bus stop by 130 to return to your resort, second use your trip to Epcot as a planned evening, to eat dinner then watching fireworks.

Thanks for the inside info!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom