First use of MyMagic+ long-range MagicBand capabilities begins tomorrow at all four parks

WDWDad13

I can confirm this is working....and working well. Ex. My family road buzz lightyear ....came off the rides and showed them our memory maker card as they tell us it is no longer needed if it's linked to our magic band....we check the mydisneyphotopass site that evening and sure enough our picture was there. Very cool

DSMDGA

My daughter and I are on one resevation with room, tickets, etc. Our magic bands are ordered, and will be linked to each other. My son and daughter-in-law have decided to join us for the week. They have annual passes which are already linked to their own magic bands, and they will make their own hotel reservation.

If I purchase a Memory Maker package for our trip, would we be able to link all four magic bands to it? Would their ride photos show up if I'm not with them? I think I was told that with the old system, as the "owner" of the Memory Maker" package, I would have had to go to the ride photo booth with their ride photo number to have it scanned to my magic band.

Dwarful

Also- how do they just delete all of your fastpasses? I've not some issues with no information show, but that's due to connection speed, not a malicious act.

I don't think they did it on purpose...but they had some technical issues and we lost some of our FP's and had to make trips back to the Magic Band stations (not the FP section, but the actual MB stations). Thankfully, I had printed hard copies of my screens for each day....esp. on Sunday when 7DMT kept breaking down. It was broken down during our FP time and the CM told us to come back and check and when it was running again we could get in the FP line. But when we did the new CM told us we didn't have FPs. Took a bit of time but finally got it straightened out.

cmoliver68

I did a quick search for other long range use of the magic bands and couldn't find anything so I will post here. Does anyone know if they have started using long range readers for parking? I went to 3 parks last weekend and was waived through just by showing my magic band. Three weeks earlier they either scanned my band or checked my orange card. I tried asking a parking attendant if they were doing this and the only answer I received was "you are good." All three times were during regular hours (not near end of day) and parking was not backed up so it seemed a little strange.

Mouse_Trap

I did a quick search for other long range use of the magic bands and couldn't find anything so I will post here. Does anyone know if they have started using long range readers for parking? I went to 3 parks last weekend and was waived through just by showing my magic band. Three weeks earlier they either scanned my band or checked my orange card. I tried asking a parking attendant if they were doing this and the only answer I received was "you are good." All three times were during regular hours (not near end of day) and parking was not backed up so it seemed a little strange.

No idea but, technically even a passive rfid has a range of up to 1m when using an active scanner, assuming you had the band on your left wrist it could have read it. Another possible alternative is that they could be using ANPR to check your number plate and identify that it's been registered to an hotel guest.

asialeigh

There was system challenges at some point last weekend so it's possible the system was down and they just went by the honor system assuming you were are resort guest and/or annual passholder.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom