Donald and Daisy to begin new meet and greet at Disney's Animal Kingdom

asianway

I know right! Also, Daisy has two Animal Kingdom Outfits! One at Tusker House and one for Meet and Greets! (Not my Photos)
So you are aware, it is generally frowned upon to post photos without crediting the photo owner. Anyone can google image, if you care to post, take a moment to credit the owner.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
So?... I know that Mickey is best known wearing a black suit, red pants, white shirt and a gold tie. Minnie has a red dress with white polka dots. Yet you don't see either of them in those costumes at Animal Kingdom.
But you DO at their respective M&G's.

Tip Top Club

This is currently the only place that Donald and Daisy meet in their traditional costumes. I welcome that! I like to see them wear interesting costumes but these two have that covered at the other parks.

Jerm

It is fun to have them in classic outfits, but I do agree that DAK is a good place to have them in more themed outfits.

As for everyone saying they should stick rare characters out...think about it from everyone else's point of view. I would love Oswald, Ducktails, Gargoyles, and every other rare character to be brought out, but what happens after the first week? We all love the nostalgia, I mean heck remember everyone clamoring for Tiki Room to come back and now that it is NO ONE goes and sees it, but characters just look sad when they are out and there is no line. Yes we would all race to the parks the first day, or when we came on vacation we would make a point of seeing them, but average joe family that has 2.3 kids that A. never knew who the characters were or 2. only care about what their kids want to see would walk right past them. Meet & Greets, unless they are character meals, don't drive revenue and as much as we all harp on Disney for only being in it for the all mighty buck, they are a company and that is what they have to be there in it for!

Kman101

I'm going to assume no Huey, Dewey and Louie because TDO hates anything old despite the fact they'd probably draw a nice line of people wanting to meet them. And it's more than one person they'd have to pay.

Cmdr_Crimson

Recently I've seen pictures of the Character landing sign covered up and no sign of Daisy....Did they move her by Donald? Or did the kick her out?
Sk5l9Yp.jpg

cw1982

Recently I've seen pictures of the Character landing sign covered up and no sign of Daisy....Did they move her by Donald? Or did the kick her out?
Sk5l9Yp.jpg

When was this? Last Tuesday she was still meeting there. Not much demand for it, though, as a CM was out front practically begging people to jump in line to meet her.

ETA: I don't remember there being anything on that sign when we walked by either... what I saw looked just like your picture. I only knew she was there because of the CM.

FWIW, We did meet Donald, Mickey, and Minnie last week. All three were in their Safari gear:

20140603_182052(0).jpg
20140603_183027(0).jpg

Last edited:

Kman101

It's really their own fault in regards to the 'rare' characters that aren't deemed popular enough. If they'd offer more than the usual selection, said 'unpopular' characters maybe wouldn't be so unpopular or unfamiliar. But I agree, it is a business and I understand having characters out that you know are guaranteed a line or interest.

Cmdr_Crimson

When was this? Last Tuesday she was still meeting there. Not much demand for it, though, as a CM was out front practically begging people to jump in line to meet her.

I was reading Orlando Theme Park News site and they had this picture in their most recent trip report...

cw1982

I was reading Orlando Theme Park News site and they had this picture in their most recent trip report...

Gotcha. The more I think about it, the sign definitely looked just like it did in your picture when I walked by. Maybe that's part of the reason that the CM was trying to draw people in? No one knew there was anything in there because there was no indication of what that was lol.

I thought the link in the OP said that they were moving as of May 11, though? Three weeks later and Donald and Daisy were both still in their old spots. I can see them appearing at more than one park, but having them for m&g twice in the same park doesn't make much sense IMO. I never saw the spot where they were supposed to meet together, but we weren't really looking for them either; we just stumbled on Donald lol. Hmm...

MOXOMUMD

ETA: I don't remember there being anything on that sign when we walked by either... what I saw looked just like your picture. I only knew she was there because of the CM.

FWIW, We did meet Donald, Mickey, and Minnie last week. All three were in their Safari gear:

View attachment 56239 View attachment 56240
Nice pictures. :) I like the background mural for M&M.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom