Walt Disney Imagineering move Scott Trowbridge to a new dedicated Star Wars Studio at WDI

HauntedMansionFLA

is this an assumption or are they really considering increasing the size of star wars land if the movie is a blockbuster? Because the movie will be a blockbuster...really the only question is whether it breaks all time sales records or not

even if the critics bash the movie it will still do monster numbers.
Just an assumption. Star Wars is a money making machine and you would think they would want to make the land big enough to capitalize on their investment. And there are quite a few movies coming our way. The first movie will set the tone for the franchise. JJ knows he has to do everything right for this first movie but he has a lot of the right people involved. Just me being selfish wanting a bigger land.

Matt_Black

Just an assumption. Star Wars is a money making machine and you would think they would want to make the land big enough to capitalize on their investment. And there are quite a few movies coming our way. The first movie will set the tone for the franchise. JJ knows he has to do everything right for this first movie but he has a lot of the right people involved. Just me being selfish wanting a bigger land.

Not even the movies. Star Wars Rebels has been a big hit for Disney XD, just recently being renewed for a third season. Granted, it helps that this year XD lost both Phineas & Ferb and Gravity Falls, so they need to keep around as much of the popular shows that are left.

RSoxNo1

I wouldn't be surprised if the land is setup in such a way to allow for expansion.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Not to mention that holding the NFL Draft there this year was such a huge success that the NFL announced they will be holding the draft there again in 2016.

The Lucas museum will do just fine in Chicago.

Yep. Annoying that Museum will not happen. Maybe Lucas will find friendlier friends in California where the press release says today it is going to be built.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I think it is worthwhile to remind people that Trowbridge is very highly regarded and reportedly there is a very large budget (and land) attached to Star Wars. And development costs should be spread between DLR and WDW, which should make the money go farther.

I think people being negative about the quality of what we will get with the Star Wars expansion are premature at this point.

No just realistic on how Disney spends money on the US parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom