Walt Disney Imagineering move Scott Trowbridge to a new dedicated Star Wars Studio at WDI

Matt_Black

That's not even remotely true. There are plenty of major cities in the Midwest with plenty of things to do. Hell, Indianapolis (the 12th largest city in the country) is only 3 hours from Chicago.

I can't help but to laugh at your assertion that you'd have to "try" to find things to do in Chicago. Plenty of people go there as a tourist destination. You need several days just to see the major attractions. Just because it's not on a coast doesn't mean it's not worth visiting.

This seems relevant.

ChrisM

That's not even remotely true. There are plenty of major cities in the Midwest with plenty of things to do. Hell, Indianapolis (the 12th largest city in the country) is only 3 hours from Chicago.

I can't help but to laugh at your assertion that you'd have to "try" to find things to do in Chicago. Plenty of people go there as a tourist destination. You need several days just to see the major attractions. Just because it's not on a coast doesn't mean it's not worth visiting.

Apparently having a bevy of world class museums (including one that has been popularly ranked as the best museum in the country), architecture, restaurant scene, some of the best universities in the world, and that sits on the world's largest in-land fresh water sea just isn't enough to interest people.

Real tough to find something to do.

HauntedMansionFLA

How that a prediction it already happened? And this is something I actually do know for a fact because I started working at Disney in November of last year and we had numerous contractors come in to take a look backstage and were told it was for an expansion that would be announced at D23.
I'm curious - what backstage area are you talking about? Indiana Jones Stunt Show?

djkidkaz

I'm curious what contractors would even be privy to details like that? Why would Disney even tell a contractor that they were going to announce something at d23? Lol

michmousefan

Apparently having a bevy of world class museums (including one that has been popularly ranked as the best museum in the country), architecture, restaurant scene, some of the best universities in the world, and that sits on the world's largest in-land fresh water sea just isn't enough to interest people.

Not to mention that holding the NFL Draft there this year was such a huge success that the NFL announced they will be holding the draft there again in 2016.

The Lucas museum will do just fine in Chicago.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I was in Chicago for a day over the summer and managed to get through just 2/3 of the Field Museum.

doctornick

I think it is worthwhile to remind people that Trowbridge is very highly regarded and reportedly there is a very large budget (and land) attached to Star Wars. And development costs should be spread between DLR and WDW, which should make the money go farther.

I think people being negative about the quality of what we will get with the Star Wars expansion are premature at this point.

janoimagine

Not to mention incredible food.

AEfx

And you'd need at least a month to do the same in NYC or the Los Angeles area. :)

At least it won't have so much competition?

Chicago is the 9th most visited US destination among international tourists with something like 1.5 million international visitors annually (per the 2013 U.S. National Travel and Tourism Office numbers).

Still leaves 8 better choices, doesn't it?

HauntedMansionFLA

Hopefully there will be more reports coming out from WDI regarding the SWL project throughout 2016 when they start to prep the land. Plus, the land might get some additional money / land if the movie is a blockbuster. Time will tell.

tokengator

Hopefully there will be more reports coming out from WDI regarding the SWL project throughout 2016 when they start to prep the land. Plus, the land might get some additional money / land if the movie is a blockbuster. Time will tell.

is this an assumption or are they really considering increasing the size of star wars land if the movie is a blockbuster? Because the movie will be a blockbuster...really the only question is whether it breaks all time sales records or not

even if the critics bash the movie it will still do monster numbers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom