PHOTOS - Section of 'Disney Springs' walkway revealed

jt04

I don't know, jt. Maybe DS will be really nice with great looking sidewalks. I hope so. TBH I haven't been following DS superclosely. For the EL, based on those few pics Steve shared, this does not seem to mean much, apart from the surroundings looking marginally better than before.

Agreed. It will depend on how the entire project fits together. Thanks for your thoughts.

Kman101

It does look nice, and promising. I agree with most of what TheEmpressLilly said also, but I'm looking forward to seeing the entire project complete. It was time for an update to DTD.

jt04

Really appreciate what they are doing with the metal work. Something really cool about that era and the aesthetics of the early 20th century. Also they have done a great job of blending the ship and restaurant. Perfect.

The Empress Lilly

Hmmm...I wish I could see the Lilly Pad area myself. The pictures don't seem to give me a good impression. I can't say I'm greatly enamoured by the current look, but maybe it looks nice in person. It doesn't seem to do anything for the Empress Lilly, merely affirming her status as 'former ship, now concrete restaurant with weird shape'

I do appreciate the nod to Lillian, who was in danger of losing everything in WDW named after her. If you specifically name the resort after Walt, then you can't not mention her somewhere.

jt04

Hmmm...I wish I could see the Lilly Pad area myself. The pictures don't seem to give me a good impression. I can't say I'm greatly enamoured by the current look, but maybe it looks nice in person. It doesn't seem to do anything for the Empress Lilly, merely affirming her status as 'former ship, now concrete restaurant with weird shape'

I do appreciate the nod to Lillian, who was in danger of losing everything in WDW named after her. If you specifically name the resort after Walt, then you can't not mention her somewhere.

Still think they plan to restore some details to the EL.

Also, I really think the details here hint at what will be impressive new adds. The new glass promenade and water features should impress even an Empress. Not expecting World Showcase level theming but not too far from it.

Optimistic as ever.

DisneyCane

I think it looks really great. After the neglect DTD has had for so long, I'm really excited.

That said, I find it forward-thinking that they stamped Disney Springs on a removable plate, so they can update them if DTD/DS ever changes its name again.

I doubt it was that forward thinking. The plate isn't there just for the logo. It is the plate that covers the access hole for the electrical connections. Most likely, the lamp posts are "off the shelf" but the plates can be customized for each customer.

I honestly doubt they would spend the money to change them if they changed the name to Disney Winters due to an overlay of the whole project with a "Frozen" theme.

G00fyDad

I doubt it was that forward thinking. The plate isn't there just for the logo. It is the plate that covers the access hole for the electrical connections. Most likely, the lamp posts are "off the shelf" but the plates can be customized for each customer.

I honestly doubt they would spend the money to change them if they changed the name to Disney Winters due to an overlay of the whole project with a "Frozen" theme.

I think you misunderstood what the other poster stated. Of course they did not custom build the lamp to have a removable plate. Yes, it is the wire access panel. What they were referring to is that the plate could have been a simple blank plate. However, Disney was forward thinking enough to have the name Disney Springs placed on this panel because it would be an easy fix if they decided to change the name again down the road.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom