New atmosphere entertainment being tested at DinoLand U.S.A.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
People this new atmosphere entertainment is part of Chester and Hester so the Imagineers intended it to look this bad. There is an entire backstory to the scientist and V.

You see the velociraptor is Hestor and the scientist is actually Chester in drag. Still determined to make a quick buck they are taking their act on the road hoping to lure people back to their roadside fossil souvenir shop/midway games/carnival area/ parking lot thingy to spend their hard earned money.

Once people know the back story they can relax knowing that it was INTENDED to look this BAD.

Thank you.

I think the 5th Gate at WDW will be filled with bare track coasters and off the shelf rides, but Disney will say that they spared no expense to perfectly re-create in every details the feel of the many regional amusements parks around the US.

Communicore

I find it hysterical that even though there is a backstory to this Dinoland (which I didn't realize until a couple years ago), the fact that TDO went on the cheap on this land makes it an easier excuse to portray it as cheap lol.....I still want them to convert the huge dinosaur into a robot so it can walk the park.

LostPrincessKarleigh

I find it hysterical that even though there is a backstory to this Dinoland (which I didn't realize until a couple years ago), the fact that TDO went on the cheap on this land makes it an easier excuse to portray it as cheap lol.....I still want them to convert the huge dinosaur into a robot so it can walk the park.
I just pictured "Night at the Musuem" for a second. Will he play fetch?;)

MarkTwain

People this new atmosphere entertainment is part of Chester and Hester so the Imagineers intended it to look this bad. There is an entire backstory to the scientist and V.

You see the velociraptor is Hestor and the scientist is actually Chester in drag. Still determined to make a quick buck they are taking their act on the road hoping to lure people back to their roadside fossil souvenir shop/midway games/carnival area/ parking lot thingy to spend their hard earned money.

Once people know the back story they can relax knowing that it was INTENDED to look this BAD.

Thank you.

[applause]

FerretAfros

I didn't know anything like this existed. :eek: How long did it last? What replaced it?
It was a 'temporary' placeholder until the park had enough attendance to add something more substantial in that area. It was on the land now occupied by Chester & Hester's Dinorama; if you use the history tool on Google Earth, you can see it in the 1/5/1999 image (it's also neat to see the 2/4/1995 image, and how far the park came before opening)

MarkTwain

It was a 'temporary' placeholder until the park had enough attendance to add something more substantial in that area. It was on the land now occupied by Chester & Hester's Dinorama; if you use the history tool on Google Earth, you can see it in the 1/5/1999 image (it's also neat to see the 2/4/1995 image, and how far the park came before opening)

Wow, looking at it again I would almost prefer it over Chester & Hester's. :D I kid (sort of), but in all seriousness, it's a shame that Disney didn't keep the fossils longer or relocate them to a more permanent building. Considering that Africa and Asia both focus on educating guests about real animals, it would be nice if there was a more significant part of Dinoland that did the same.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom