Extended 'Maleficent' movie preview coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios in April

GiveMeTheMusic

This kind of thing is nothing new. DHS has been home to short-term new release previews for as long as I can remember. When I visited during the 25th, there was an Evita preview running, so anything is possible.

neoshinok

I saw the Frankenweenie extended trailer at DCA as well as the exhibition featuring the movie props. The cool part was they used the 4D features in the MuppetVision theater to create wind, rain and strobe lightning during the re-animation scene in Frankenweenie. At least that added something unique that you can't experience at your local theater.

TP2000

I saw the Frankenweenie extended trailer at DCA as well as the exhibition featuring the movie props. The cool part was they used the 4D features in the MuppetVision theater to create wind, rain and strobe lightning during the re-animation scene in Frankenweenie. At least that added something unique that you can't experience at your local theater.

The DCA version of Maleficent does that again, except in the Tough To Be A Bug theater. They removed all references to Bugs in the entrance, queue, pre-show and theater and overlayed it with a spooky Maleficent theme with new signage, banners and props. The CM's are wearing new purple and black uniforms for the show. They reprogrammed the theater effects specifically for Maleficent, using wind, fog, smoke, lighting, projections and seat effects in the theater. It's a very impressive package of effects and a perfect venue for Maleficent at DCA!
20140422-231515.jpg

But there haven't been any updates about the WDW version playing at DHS. No photos, no comments, no reports, nothing really. No one seems to be talking about it on these WDW boards, while it's being mentioned repeatedly on Disneyland boards on West Coast websites. Funny how that works. No one really seems to care about it at DHS this spring. :confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom