Tinker Bell meet and greet set to move to Town Square Theater later this Spring at the Magic Kingdom

BigGreen73

I did not read every comment but just have to give my 2 cents. This is a subject that really annoys me.

The popularity of characters has increased year after year to a point where special events sell out left and right because guests can meet rare characters or characters in rare costumes (7 Dwarfs, Villains, Captain Jack, Princes etc.) and people will wait an hour + in line to see new characters that were not available previouly (Merida, A&E, etc). AND this isn't just little ones either. Guests of ALL ages love getting pics w/ characters. It's the hunt, seeing how many you can find, because of a favorite movie, or just because of the love of all things Disney.

But, it's seem like WDW continues to remove more and more M&G's or characters just to save a buck. They are doing what is best for the bottom line and not what is best based on what the guest wants.

Taking away Tinkerbell's friends is not right IMO. The appeal was Tink and one or more of her friends, and you never knew who was going to be with her making it fun for all. Did WDW even do the Pirate fairy from the latest movie?

There is a lot of wasted space (Streets of America in DHS) and stale characters (fab 5 and core princesses have been over done IMO) that could use some fresh faces or at least new costumes. If there are no new attractions coming, I don't think many would complain if WD filled up some unued space with some new M&Gs or changed things around with some rare characters.

There are alot of guests the would maybe make an extra trip to a park or spend more time in a park, if they had the opportunity to see some rare characters!

asianway

I did not read every comment but just have to give my 2 cents. This is a subject that really annoys me.

The popularity of characters has increased year after year to a point where special events sell out left and right because guests can meet rare characters or characters in rare costumes (7 Dwarfs, Villains, Captain Jack, Princes etc.) and people will wait an hour + in line to see new characters that were not available previouly (Merida, A&E, etc). AND this isn't just little ones either. Guests of ALL ages love getting pics w/ characters. It's the hunt, seeing how many you can find, because of a favorite movie, or just because of the love of all things Disney.

But, it's seem like WDW continues to remove more and more M&G's or characters just to save a buck. They are doing what is best for the bottom line and not what is best based on what the guest wants.

Taking away Tinkerbell's friends is not right IMO. The appeal was Tink and one or more of her friends, and you never knew who was going to be with her making it fun for all. Did WDW even do the Pirate fairy from the latest movie?

There is a lot of wasted space (Streets of America in DHS) and stale characters (fab 5 and core princesses have been over done IMO) that could use some fresh faces or at least new costumes. If there are no new attractions coming, I don't think many would complain if WD filled up some unued space with some new M&Gs or changed things around with some rare characters.

There are alot of guests the would maybe make an extra trip to a park or spend more time in a park, if they had the opportunity to see some rare characters!
They didn't save any money by eliminating tinks friends. Welcome to the reality of what effects high capacity indoor greets do to in park entertainment

Ignohippo

I'll never understand why there isn't one place in each park that has random characters from day to day. Seeing Robin Hood, Chicken Little, The Rescuers, etc. would be a big thrill for a lot of people and would add one more little bit of excitement.

wdrive

I'll never understand why there isn't one place in each park that has random characters from day to day. Seeing Robin Hood, Chicken Little, The Rescuers, etc. would be a big thrill for a lot of people and would add one more little bit of excitement.

The average guest doesn't really want to meet rare characters though. They want to meet the fab 5 and the Princesses. WDW is just catering to the common denominator. While things like the Long Lost Friends event and Friday 13th Villains event were huge successes they are generally aimed at the local AP crowd and not the money making tourists.

Ignohippo

The average guest doesn't really want to meet rare characters though. They want to meet the fab 5 and the Princesses. WDW is just catering to the common denominator. While things like the Long Lost Friends event and Friday 13th Villains event were huge successes they are generally aimed at the local AP crowd and not the money making tourists.

While the Fab 5 and Princesses certainly are the bread and butter, that doesn't mean others wouldn't enjoy seeing rare characters. It isn't as though you'd be replacing one with the other, this would be simply one more M&G opportunity. Certainly the long lines at most M&Gs would suggest they could use more.

wdrive

While the Fab 5 and Princesses certainly are the bread and butter, that doesn't mean others wouldn't enjoy seeing rare characters. It isn't as though you'd be replacing one with the other, this would be simply one more M&G opportunity. Certainly the long lines at most M&Gs would suggest they could use more.

Knowing Disney though and the poverty they are going through they can't afford to make a new meet and greet without closing a new one. See Ziti Sisters for Frozen.

EricJ

So, the Robin Hood characters aren't in Town Square mornings anymore? Back in the 00's, that was the only place to find them, and they were all over the place.

asianway

So, the Robin Hood characters aren't in Town Square mornings anymore? Back in the 00's, that was the only place to find them, and they were all over the place.
Almost ten years now. Tokyo still has them all daily in World Bazaar though

omurice

A Club 33 East is all about donations, to the tune of 10K per year per membership. If that's the plan, well played TDO...

Don't think it would be called Club 33 though, this has no meaning in Florida - maybe Roy's Club. Or if they focus group a little too far something like Mickey's Clubhouse will float to the top! o_O

RSoxNo1

Do any solid sources have the Veranda being anything definitive? I see the "Club 33 East" talk in here, but is that just speculative?

EricJ

The fun, while you were in the FPH-like space, was watching Tink interact with Fawn, or Vidia, or Periwinkle.
Without someone else there, you're just meeting a character, not being in that immersive space they wanted when they built the spot.
I give 'em two months to spot that the experience is losing something, and then they'll start putting the friends back in, unless there's something about the Fairies marketing in general that they're not telling us yet.

(And yeah, was hoping for Zarina, too--Guess they figured she was too unlikable for most of her movie, or they were just trying to bury it without fanfare after too many script problems.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom