FastPass+ selection window reduced to 30 days for Annual Passholders

lilclerk

My friend and I are both have annual passes. Is there a way to get Fast Pass in advance for my friend and I at the same time? Or do we both have to do it separately and pick the same times?

I don't see anywhere that allows you to link to another person.
You should be able to connect your My Disney Experience accounts under Family & Friends, then make all your FP+ selections together.

ratherbeinwdw

My friend and I are both have annual passes. Is there a way to get Fast Pass in advance for my friend and I at the same time? Or do we both have to do it separately and pick the same times?

I don't see anywhere that allows you to link to another person.
If your friend doesn't have a MDE account, you can simply add him to your account and make the fastpass selections for both of you.

Rob562

If your friend doesn't have a MDE account, you can simply add him to your account and make the fastpass selections for both of you.

While you *can* do this, if someone is simply your friend and not a family member I highly suggest *not* going this route.

If they want to they can set up a profile, link their AP, become your friend and then never log in again, allowing you to make any or all FP+ reservations for them. But the actual control over the AP should really fall to someone who is in ultimate possession of the AP.

It'll also avoid any potential problems of duplicate profiles that you then have to get Tech Support to combine somewhere down the road, such as if you create one for them, then sometime later they end up creating their own profile under a different email address, etc.

-Rob

flynnibus

Premium Member
Take that AP holders! How dare you give disney your money and expect to be treated well. New pass holder lounges to be opened next to dumpsters in the parking lot next week.

Don't agree...

Ticket holders = 0 day advance
APs = 30 days advance
Resort stays = 60 days advance

The AP is above the 'every day guest' and has access to the 60 day bookings if they are staying onsite.

They aren't being punished in anyway, simply not being ELEVATED above resort people.

And as others have said... if you are a casual visitor, is anything beyond 2 weeks even matter anyways? If you are an AP holder that visits for longer stays, can you really blame Disney for trying to entice people to stay onsite?

The thing I'd watch for.. is DVC considered an onsite reservation? What's this do for renters?

ratherbeinwdw

While you *can* do this, if someone is simply your friend and not a family member I highly suggest *not* going this route.

If they want to they can set up a profile, link their AP, become your friend and then never log in again, allowing you to make any or all FP+ reservations for them. But the actual control over the AP should really fall to someone who is in ultimate possession of the AP.

It'll also avoid any potential problems of duplicate profiles that you then have to get Tech Support to combine somewhere down the road, such as if you create one for them, then sometime later they end up creating their own profile under a different email address, etc.

-Rob
This is true. And, I didn't consider that the friend also has an AP. With regular tickets, once they are used, then you can remove the person from your account. However, if the tickets still have time on them, you cannot remove them.

Rob562

The thing I'd watch for.. is DVC considered an onsite reservation? What's this do for renters?

DVC is the same thing as a hotel reservation in terms of MDE/FP/etc. You have a Disney reservation number just like a hotel that can be linked to your MDE profile.

If someone is renting points from a DVC Member, once they get the reservation number from the owner, they can link it to their MDE profile.

-Rob

MonorailOne

Take that AP holders! How dare you give disney your money and expect to be treated well. New pass holder lounges to be opened next to dumpsters in the parking lot next week.

Consider the following: As a annual pass holder, you have access to attractions, entertainment, and experiences at the drop of a hat. It literally takes the travel time for most annual pass holders to get to their favorite rides and experiences. For a whole year, AP's can have unlimited access to rides and experiences on a whim.

Guests who plan a Disney Resort vacation typically have a lot more to go through. DVC Members know all to well how challenging it can be to get a good room in the resort you want, and most Guests who have AP's are from in state, meaning a "minimal" amount of travel is required to get to the property. It takes a lot more effort to make a resort stay. AND most Disney Resort Guests are "infrequent" Guests -- Guests who only visit once every several years or Guests who only visit once or twice in a lifetime.

Also understand how FastPass+ works -- just because it is available does not mean the system will show the experience as available. FastPass+ retains a percentage of availability for day-of bookings, and releases more pre-bookings the closer to the date you get. The same is true for dinning reservations and resort stays. The software Disney uses makes sure there is always availability in some capacity during pre-booking periods to help negate operational challenges such as rooms that can't be occupied (A/C broken, bed-bug infestation, plumbing issues etc.) and tables that can't be seated (Servers call in sick, kitchen looses an appliance, etc.). On the day of, when it's known that these issues won't be a problem, the softwares automatically release more capacity to the Guest population.

In other words, 30 days is plenty of time for AP's to make selections, because there will always be some availability for every experience prior to the date booked. You simply might have to check every once in a while to "change" what you're looking for.

docdebbi

DVC is the same thing as a hotel reservation in terms of MDE/FP/etc. You have a Disney reservation number just like a hotel that can be linked to your MDE profile.

If someone is renting points from a DVC Member, once they get the reservation number from the owner, they can link it to their MDE profile.

-Rob

can you verify this for me? have you done this? wth FP+ ?

the reason I ask is that I have a DVC suite rented through disney reservations for the second half of my trip in October, and while I would rather buy points from a friend instead, I am concerned about not being able to link to MDE/FP+.

the reason I worry is because under FAQs on David's vacation rentals/dvcrequest.com, he states that folks have had trouble being able to link FP+ when renting 3rd party and he can't guarantee it will work.
Copied from the site:
"The "My Disney Experience" and "Magic Bands" programs are outside of our rental agreement and neither we nor our booking members can guarantee the success of the program during the "test" phase. We thank you for your understanding and are anxious for the working program to be rolled out by Disney sometime in February 2014"

February 2014 has passed, right? but MDE has not done anything on time!

if someone can tell me they did it, and i'm golden, then i would sooo rather save the $3000!!!

Weather_Lady

can you verify this for me? have you done this? wth FP+ ?

the reason I ask is that I have a DVC suite rented through disney reservations for the second half of my trip in October, and while I would rather buy points from a friend instead, I am concerned about not being able to link to MDE/FP+.

the reason I worry is because under FAQs on David's vacation rentals/dvcrequest.com, he states that folks have had trouble being able to link FP+ when renting 3rd party and he can't guarantee it will work.
Copied from the site:
"The "My Disney Experience" and "Magic Bands" programs are outside of our rental agreement and neither we nor our booking members can guarantee the success of the program during the "test" phase. We thank you for your understanding and are anxious for the working program to be rolled out by Disney sometime in February 2014"

February 2014 has passed, right? but MDE has not done anything on time!

if someone can tell me they did it, and i'm golden, then i would sooo rather save the $3000!!!

We did it. (I think the issue some renters might have had with FP+ is that you need to link tickets in order to get access to FP+ -- a room reservation alone doesn't do it. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong... ;) I can understand David's not wanting to take responsibility for guest's problems with the MagicBand/FP+ rollout. Heck, Disney is barely taking responsibility for them!)

We rented DVC points through David's DVC Rentals. As soon as we were booked, David's sent me the reservation number. I was immediately able to link it to my MME account and see all the details of our reservation (the resort, check-in and check-out dates, etc.) correctly displayed. (The only things that don't show up are whether you've purchased the dining plan and the kind of room you've booked, e.g., 2-bedroom, studio, etc. You have to get on the DVC-specific Disney website and type in the confirmation number if you want to double-check those details.) Later on, and well before our 60-day FP+ "window" opened, I linked my tickets (purchased online from Disney directly). I've been able to customize our MagicBand order and make ADRs and FP+ with no issues.*

(*To be precise, there were no issues related to the fact that I rented points. There was a problem with the Disney system recognizing that I was an onsite guest for purposes of the 180+10 rule in making my ADRs online when I was 180 days out, but I called and spoke with a CM later that morning who made the 180+10 ressies for me, and told me that this particular technical problem is one that happens all the time to all kinds of onsite guests.)

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Sandy and I have APs. We are also DVC members, and always stay on site.

Personal opinion - this was an EXCELLENT move for Disney to make. FP+ as a perk for staying ON SITE will begin to address the issue of the huge price difference between Disney and non-Disney Hotel accommodations. Disney needs a crowbar to get people to stay on site - if they stick to the plan, they will have one.

Or a repellent which sends DVC members anywhere BUT the parks...

note2001

Has anyone with an AP and on-site reservation been able to link a combo of AP and normal parkhopper passes to a stay and still have that 60 day window open for all on the reservation?

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
Ok pros...here's my question: I booked a room directly thru Disney for my nephew, who is an AP holder, at Pop for SWW (May 14th arrival) and I made our FastPass selections. He has since made a separate ressie through Booking/Hotels/Orbitz for arrival May 16th instead. At that moment I was not able to link the new ressie to his profile soooo if I cancel the Disney travel ressie now, will his fastpasses disappear? I'm thinking I'll wait til we're within the 30 day window to cancel but wondered if anyone else had this situation come up yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom