PHOTOS - Starbucks Marketplace concept art and construction pictures

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Starbucks-Marketplace_Full_20853.jpg;width=640

image.jpg

Wow @wdwmagic your photo doesn't look much different than mine of April 4th.

DisneyGentleman

It's a sad reflection on the downgrading of WDW when we celebrate the opening of a Starbucks as a notable event.

It was once the opening of a new park...
Then the opening of a new E-Ticket...
Then the opening of a new attraction...
Then the opening of a new meet-and-greet...
Now the opening of a new Starbucks....

What's next? The celebration of the addition of a new WiFi node?

cspencer96

It's a sad reflection on the downgrading of WDW when we celebrate the opening of a Starbucks as a notable event.

I see the opening of the two DTD locations as an important starting transition point for Disney Springs. Yes, Disney Springs is not well liked by a few, but it is a pretty major change looking to revitalize a slightly dead area. Starbucks should have been in DTD for years, regardless of presence in parks. It just fits there.

Bolt

Yeah - I miss when they opened E-Ticket attractions at DTD!!!!

PeoplemoverTTA

I love Ghirardelli in DTD and now I'm going to love Starbucks there. I know Starbucks anywhere in WDW is controversial for some, but wow was it nice getting a quality cup of coffee every morning when I was in WDW for a few days this winter. I think it's a great move, and has been well implemented across the property.

jt04

My only beef is that they should have replaced the shake siding above the store or at least used a different color. Trying too hard to blend it with the other stores. Otherwise it is well done.

RayTheFirefly

GUYS!! So it was the last day of my WDW trip with my friend, and we had just had lunch at Paradiso 37 in Downtown Disney. We're walking toward WoD around 1:40pm, and we see the new Starbucks! And we see some people (including people in Starbucks uniforms) standing in front. So we ask them when it opens, and they say "at 2:00." And then they said for the first time ever (I didn't know it was opening today). So we were like "wow!" And got in line! Anyway we were the first customers at this location :). There were a ton of Starbucks and Disney execs there and we witnessed the ribbon cutting! I'll upload pics of it next (apologies in advance for the selfies). :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom