Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover closing for a near two month refurbishment

ToTBellHop

BS to moving this refurb to the height of the summer season. One of the few relaxing, get away from the crowds attractions. My kid is going to be disappointed.
i.e. the height of thunderstorm season. This may mean Mine Train isn't opening until closer to Memorial Day.

dstrawn9889

to work on the AA platform above, most likely. they may not even pressure-wash the track. i think that was the reasoning behind the closure in the first place, that the ceiling and floor above are in poor condition.

Kman101

So basically it's closing because the Astro Orbiter is. I haven't ridden it in quite a while but weren't there some issues with the seating and overall cleanliness? I hope that at least gets addressed. I personally am not expecting much otherwise. But a little attention towards it would be nice.

Webb

Yay! For selfish reasons I'm happy about the new refurb date! T minus 13 days and COUNTING! Glad we get to relax and enjoy! Looking forward to a night cruise :)

I'm trying my best to not let speculation get the best of me, but maybe SDMT won't be ready for us :( Oh well I'm still hopeful!

hpyhnt 1000

One thing I do hope they do is finally get the chance to utilize the LED Color lights that were put in 2009..It would be great to see slow color transitions while riding..

This topic has come up before on these boards. Apparently having the lights change colors made it difficult for CMs to see what was happening on the track, and thus the different/changing light schemes were removed.

EDIT: Found this from earlier in this thread.
You're almost right. The RGB LED lighting was tested after installation, during guest hours. Different hues, zones and chasing effects. Its probably on youtube, if not I shot it.

Apparently the official reason it was locked was it was hard for ride ops to see what was happening around the track with the naked eye.

Any takers on if the refurb will finally bring back the interior Space Mountain audio? On a side note, one good thing, I was told as of last night the star projections once again reach down to and onto the Peoplemover track.

rct247

Refurbishment is really only addressing some structure issues with the Rocketower Plaza building. Astro Orbiter is the one getting the biggest love. TTA will see lots of work done in the station with floors and ceilings, but hardly anything but perhaps some cleaning/dusting will take place on the rest of the track. Definitely don't expect anything to occur with audio or visuals in Space Mountain. It just isn't going to happen. LED lighting has to stay white for safety, but if you look closely around the track, you can see the occasional light is a different color to spice things up.

Kman101

And the Magic Kingdom continues to impress. Blah.

At least Astro is supposed to get an extensive makeover. That's at least something worthwhile. It really needs it. The planets are supposed to return to spinning, right? That will be nice.

Figment2005

And the Magic Kingdom continues to impress. Blah.

At least Astro is supposed to get an extensive makeover. That's at least something worthwhile. It really needs it. The planets are supposed to return to spinning, right? That will be nice.
Right now Tomorrowland is the only place that truly needs help. Every other land, including the hub now, is getting much needed love and attention. It really is only a matter of time before Tomorrowland is brought up to speed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom