Disney's Polynesian Resort 'Never Land Club' closing for lengthy refurbishment

Polydweller

There will be more things getting changed. You have not seen anything yet. When done this will be a resort wide renovation. Some of the things I think will be improvements though.
I really don't know how accurate what I'm hearing is. What I get can be somewhat off. Some things will be improvement and I do like the lobby changes but I'm not as optimistic about the Poly as a whole.

Polydweller

Lou Mongello has just posted a video on WDWradio site that includes video of the new Disney Club. Frankly, it's a very sterile space that really looks like it was done for as little money as they could get away with. Mostly flat paintings on walls with flat screen TVs on one wall and several little stools in front of them. A small castle facade is there but it's not like a playhouse. No Polynesian theme at all. It's way less than the Neverland Club.

The only people at the presentation the also describes redesign of the grounds are Tom Wolber SVP of Resorts and Transportation and Debbie Peterson the Imagineer. Notably missing is Norm Noble the resort's manager or any other Poly people at all. Certainly fits what I've heard that all of this is being forced on the Poly rather than something they wanted. Certainly does not bode well for the resort.

Kman101

"Club Disney" "Disney Club" (or whatever) was just too generic. It sounds like a bar. Lilo's Playhouse at least implies a kids area IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom