Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

Rteetz

It wasn't in the race policies tab for marathon weekend, so I went to the FAQ for the whole rD site and didn't see it there either. I always remembered seeing USATF somewhere though. Which page is that from?

Posting my screenshots below. I just didn't look hard enough I guess
__

View attachment 778455

View attachment 778456
This was listed on the half and full marathon pages.

I also saw it under FAQ on the question, Can runDisney races serve as POT for other runDisney races?

Spoonful of Sugar

Hello! Congratulations to all who are taking on the January 2025 WDW races! I am (ashamedly) not one of you, but my DSister is - 10K!! Newbie here...so I am posting this question here, but please direct me to the "non-runner" forum if needed. Not meaning to hijack this forum with non-runner questions, but not finding where I should ask this question. Here goes. I have been given the happy task of touring the parks with my dear nieces during the mornings of the half and full - they want to do early entry both on Sat and Sun - how do the parks work for HS on Saturday during ETPE and on Sunday at MK for ETPE? Thank you for all your help.

the.dreamfinder

Hello! Congratulations to all who are taking on the January 2025 WDW races! I am (ashamedly) not one of you, but my DSister is - 10K!! Newbie here...so I am posting this question here, but please direct me to the "non-runner" forum if needed. Not meaning to hijack this forum with non-runner questions, but not finding where I should ask this question. Here goes. I have been given the happy task of touring the parks with my dear nieces during the mornings of the half and full - they want to do early entry both on Sat and Sun - how do the parks work for HS on Saturday during ETPE and on Sunday at MK for ETPE? Thank you for all your help.
It would depend on where you are staying, as the road closures make things hard. If you aren’t staying at a MK resort, you should be fine on Saturday with HS as the major road closures are on World Drive and into Epcot. If you’re at a Skyliner or Crescent Lake resort, you will have no problems getting to DHS. For Sunday, that’s going to be tough. rD has a 7 hour course limit for the full marathon, so MK will be difficult to reach unless you’re on the monorail loop or WL/FW launches. However, the marathon isn’t an out and back on world drive, so world drive reopening around 8:30-9am will ease traffic. If you can get to WL or FW and take their launches, Whispering Canyon Cafe could be a breakfast option that gets you in with a Uber/Lyft at WL.

The big takeaway is that Sunday will be worse than Saturday and you will need to find means of transportation that take you around the road closures and ideally on a mode of transportation to MK that isn’t a car or bus.

Spoonful of Sugar

It would depend on where you are staying, as the road closures make things hard. If you aren’t staying at a MK resort, you should be fine on Saturday with HS as the major road closures are on World Drive and into Epcot. If you’re at a Skyliner or Crescent Lake resort, you will have no problems getting to DHS. For Sunday, that’s going to be tough. rD has a 7 hour course limit for the full marathon, so MK will be difficult to reach unless you’re on the monorail loop or WL/FW launches. However, the marathon isn’t an out and back on world drive, so world drive reopening around 8:30-9am will ease traffic. If you can get to WL or FW and take their launches, Whispering Canyon Cafe could be a breakfast option that gets you in with a Uber/Lyft at WL.

The big takeaway is that Sunday will be worse than Saturday and you will need to find means of transportation that take you around the road closures and ideally on a mode of transportation to MK that isn’t a car or bus.
Thank you so much for this reply and information. I will def look into Whispering Canyon - have heard good things about this one...and what a good idea to try this for breakfast while "working around" the road issues! Appreciate your insights! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom