60 days urgent?

Iwannabeindisney89

Original Poster
I have a bit of a problem. Im an annual pass holder and booked a reservation for the end of April. My 60 days in advance has arrived however I can't make fast pass reservations. Called and they said its because my annual pass needs to be renewed (it's up April 6th we're going April 26th). We obviously knew we had to renew just didn't know it was needed to do fast pass +. My question is, how urgent is it that I renew right away? Do the fast passes run out or will I get crappy times? I'm waiting for my Disney visa rewards card to come so I can renew it with that, but chase is taking forever in mailing it. I'm worried if I keep waiting I won't have a big selection. Any suggestions?

sloppy.joey

I have a bit of a problem. Im an annual pass holder and booked a reservation for the end of April. My 60 days in advance has arrived however I can't make fast pass reservations. Called and they said its because my annual pass needs to be renewed (it's up April 6th we're going April 26th). We obviously knew we had to renew just didn't know it was needed to do fast pass +. My question is, how urgent is it that I renew right away? Do the fast passes run out or will I get crappy times? I'm waiting for my Disney visa rewards card to come so I can renew it with that, but chase is taking forever in mailing it. I'm worried if I keep waiting I won't have a big selection. Any suggestions?
I wouldn't worry at all. I've found you can get a Fastpass for even the most popular attractions day of and definitely the night before.

StarWarsGirl

You'll be fine. If you have to make them when you get down there, it shouldn't be a huge deal. Last trip I had an annual and my friend had a seven day hopper that we upgraded to a 9 day, and I had no issue adding the extra days. What's more is that the system wouldn't let her book for our last day. I made reservations just for me, called the next day, and they copied them to her, also no issue. Changing them midday was also usually fine.

disneygirl1

You should be fine. We decided to go Christmas week at the very last minute. Made our FP+ selections about a week before we left and had no issues getting the times and attractions we wanted. Matter to fact I mad several changes the day of to our FP+ and had no issues getting what I wanted.

We are heading back in May and my 60 day mark in next week and I am not even planning on buying my tickets till the end of next month.

I wouldn't stress

JohnD

What the others report is true. However, it is also true you can only make FP+ reservations during the effective dates of your pass which is common sense. Your trip falls outside of the expiration date. Therefore, you can't make FP+ for that timeframe.

I have a Florida Resident seasonal pass and am blocked out online from making FP+ on block out dates. Which makes sense because I wouldn't be able to enter parks on those days anyway.

The bottom line: while you should be okay renewing your pass on arrival and making FP+ then, the sooner you renew is the sooner you can make FP+.

Disneyfamily4

I would renew. Everyone who said they were able to get their fast passes with good times, are basing it being there at a non peak time. April will be very busy and twice as packed.

journ116

Did you know you can renew over the phone? In lieu of waiting until your arrival (if that indeed is your plan), I would call to renew once you have your Disney Rewards card in hand. Sooner, rather than later, IF you can.

During my most recent trip in February, we were able to change FP's on the fly (I'm gonna be honest though, it was kind of a pain if I wanted to change attractions due to waiting for the system to update everything; and a major pain if I wanted to change attraction AND time…plus it sucked up my phones' battery). We were even able to change FP's the night before with PLENTY of return times available!

I would not stress too much over, "Will I get my first choice of attractions if I wait until day of to schedule FP+?", because I've looked over Touring Plans for the end of April, and the crowd levels are similar to what we experienced during our most recent trip…AND we were able to capture FP's for what we wanted & for when we wanted!

Happy plannings!

Iwannabeindisney89

Original Poster
I would renew. Everyone who said they were able to get their fast passes with good times, are basing it being there at a non peak time. April will be very busy and twice as packed.

We're going the week after spring break which I know won't be empty but it's not as crazy. We went the week after last year too and were fine with the crowds.

Iwannabeindisney89

Original Poster
Did you know you can renew over the phone? In lieu of waiting until your arrival (if that indeed is your plan), I would call to renew once you have your Disney Rewards card in hand. Sooner, rather than later, IF you can.

During my most recent trip in February, we were able to change FP's on the fly (I'm gonna be honest though, it was kind of a pain if I wanted to change attractions due to waiting for the system to update everything; and a major pain if I wanted to change attraction AND time…plus it sucked up my phones' battery). We were even able to change FP's the night before with PLENTY of return times available!

I would not stress too much over, "Will I get my first choice of attractions if I wait until day of to schedule FP+?", because I've looked over Touring Plans for the end of April, and the crowd levels are similar to what we experienced during our most recent trip…AND we were able to capture FP's for what we wanted & for when we wanted!

Happy plannings!

Thanks for the advice I will definitely be doing it over the phone, I still don't have 100% confidence in the website it's always freezing on me. I want to renew right away, have the money all set but like I said the rewards card is what I'm waiting for. I'm literally stalking the mail man every day. I'm not as worried about not getting a good selection of times because of what everyone has said. I'm more anxious, I love the planning phase and want to set everything up... I'm sure lots of you know what I mean!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom