60 day window question

Karenb64

Original Poster
I'm working with a family group of 19 - four different families. After talking with I.T. we put everyone on one account to make it easier to get fp's. Grandma and Grandpa, whose account we are using and one other family are arriving on June 6th and the other two families are arriving on the 7th. Does anyone know if I will be able to set up the fastpasses for everyone 60 days out from the 6th or would I have to wait until 60 days out from the 7th in order do them all of them together?
On a side note - as a TA now working with Fastpass+ I can see a few benefits, but trying to make fp+ work for a large family with a range of ages and interests is insane!

Tom

Beta Return
Yes, they are still working on making the system simpler for larger, complex groups. For a simple family or couple, it seems to work pretty well.

As for when you can make your FP+ reservations, you would be able to make them for the people arriving on the 6th 60 days before then, and you will be able to make them for as many days as they have tickets. Then, the next day, you'll be able to start making them for the family members on the other reservation.

You'll need to be sure to link each reservation to your MDE account, and link the correct people to each reservation first. Also, be sure they all have valid tickets linked to them, either standalone or through a MYW package.

If you want to do things together, just make 1 day of FP+ for the people getting there the first day, then the next day make them for everyone together, for the rest of the trip. If everything is linked properly, you SHOULD be able to do this.

Ember

My in laws are arriving the day after we are, but I was able to make their FP+ reservations with ours on our 60 day mark. I just chose the copy option and copied ours to theirs :) They are linked to my account.

Karenb64

Original Poster
Thanks for the help. I was also curious about how to quickly select the same fastpasses for everyone and it sounds like the "copy" option is the way to do it. Glad for that!

Rob562

Thanks for the help. I was also curious about how to quickly select the same fastpasses for everyone and it sounds like the "copy" option is the way to do it. Glad for that!

When you go to make the initial FP+ reservations, as long as it's for a date within everyone's 60-day window you'll be able to just check the box next to each person's name (or I think there's a "select all" button at the top) and make them all together.

The "Copy" function is more intended to copy selections from someone who already has made selections to someone who is joining in after the plans were made. It's easier to just include people in the selection from the start.

-Rob

Karenb64

Original Poster
When you go to make the initial FP+ reservations, as long as it's for a date within everyone's 60-day window you'll be able to just check the box next to each person's name (or I think there's a "select all" button at the top) and make them all together.

The "Copy" function is more intended to copy selections from someone who already has made selections to someone who is joining in after the plans were made. It's easier to just include people in the selection from the start.

-Rob
Thanks for the clarification. I actually have a related question - do kids two and under get fastpasses? I've read different answers on this forum. My group of 19 has three kids under two, so wondering if they could employ a little strategy here swapping out MagicBands with a younger child that wouldn't be riding something like Space Mountain for a few to get an extra ride. Of course a red flag might go up when I try to get a Space Mountain fastpass for a two years old..."No, really, she's tall for her age." ;)

Rob562

Thanks for the clarification. I actually have a related question - do kids two and under get fastpasses? I've read different answers on this forum. My group of 19 has three kids under two, so wondering if they could employ a little strategy here swapping out MagicBands with a younger child that wouldn't be riding something like Space Mountain for a few to get an extra ride. Of course a red flag might go up when I try to get a Space Mountain fastpass for a two years old..."No, really, she's tall for her age." ;)

Since children under 3 don't have tickets to link to MDE, I don't think the system will issue them FP+ reservations.

-Rob

Karenb64

Original Poster
Since children under 3 don't have tickets to link to MDE, I don't think the system will issue them FP+ reservations.

-Rob
Right. I'm so nervous about working out everything the best way with the new system that I am forgetting some of the basics :facepalm: Since it's been a few years since my own extended family has had a child under three, I'm assuming that taking those children on something like Peter Pan when everyone else has a fp will not be a problem. Are there any rides where that child would not be allowed a seat, but would have to sit in your lap?

Rob562

Right. I'm so nervous about working out everything the best way with the new system that I am forgetting some of the basics :facepalm: Since it's been a few years since my own extended family has had a child under three, I'm assuming that taking those children on something like Peter Pan when everyone else has a fp will not be a problem. Are there any rides where that child would not be allowed a seat, but would have to sit in your lap?

I don't believe they allow lap-riding on any moving attraction. (Well, perhaps things like Great Movie Ride, CoP and Energy...)

-Rob

Karenb64

Original Poster
Okay how about this...could two people be on the same account at the same time getting fastpasses for different days? I'm thinking I may need to work with a partner to get all the fastpasses I need for this large family I am working with.

Tom

Beta Return
Okay how about this...could two people be on the same account at the same time getting fastpasses for different days? I'm thinking I may need to work with a partner to get all the fastpasses I need for this large family I am working with.

In theory, yes. But unless you're going over Christmas, you shouldn't fret so much about it. It's no more difficult to make them for 10 people than it is for 2, unless everyone is doing different rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom