5th Gate Idea

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
What is one of the most important things in this world and especially at Disney? MUSIC!
Why not have a park devoted to music?

The Lands:

Walt's Symphony
this land would be dedicated to the Silly Symphonies - A LOT of ideas come into play here! Way too many ideas to put them down right now, but remember the Flowers and the Trees, Mickey's Symphony, The one with the war of the Tubas, Dance of the Skeleton's... I mean what a great land to have!!!

Good Old Rock and Roll - 1950's - 60's - Daisy with her Poodle Skirt and Donald in his Greaser costume...

The Seventies - in Tokyo's new parade for the 100 Years, they incorporate Jimmy Hendrix into their parade float for this decade. The Seventies would have some rock and roll from the seventies, but a lot of dreadful disco - but i think park guests would like that.

The Glamorous Twenties -
jazz/blues - I see Minnie in a flapper outfit, and Mickey in a Gangster/zoot suit

Fantasia - There are two Fantasia's both of which are built on the premise of MUSIC... the characters from Fantasia reside here...
i.e. Hippos, Mushrooms, Faries, Alligators, Toy Soldier, Flamingos, etc... over the speakers you would here nothing but the songs that make up fantasia and fantasia 2000 ...

Sound Effects and Foley Artists (can't think of a name) this land would show how all the sound effects aid in movies and would have a few interactive attractions, as well as a dark ride or two, like Journey Into Your Imagination's train section...also have a 3D movie here too, i think a neat one would be about soundtracks - have a "scary moment" happening, but have cartoonish music playing, and show the importance of the right type of music playing during certain times of the movies...

Please add your ideas if you like this...

Really this is not a broad enough concept to fit a whole park this may seem odd to say, but the problem is Music while it may seem broad idealistic is a problem because Idealism or Impressionism are two hard views to translate into real park rides with out making them too Six Flags in the quality of theme.

Rather I say take your Walt's Symphony as a mini-land, Fantasia make an attraction out of it and ad it back by RnRc and build up a Music area at Disney-MGM Studios I think this would work best, maybe also add a ride about how popular music has changed from decade to decade

swhite

Music

Big fan of Disney music love the idea but I don't think Disney could make a whole park based on it although they could definetly create a attraction MGM has The Great Movie Ride so we need a Great Music Ride :sohappy: :sohappy:

mkepcotmgmak

Original Poster
good points

good points, thanks.

I now think it would be better to have a "land" devoted to music in Disney Studios. I know that this park really isn't broken into lands, but a music section. maybe two or three rides and a coaster and maybe a comical show featuring music importance (or that 3D movie i was talking about)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom