5K RD Races

lukacseven

Correct...at least for the January race weekend you are not given an official finish time, only a record that you finished (for Dopey purposes). I can't imagine any of the other races would be any different.

dreamfinder

They have a timing clock that runs, but only Dopey participants in January Marathon weekend have chips for timing. I do believe the finish times will range from 15 mins or so to an hour plus.

DisneyRunnerUK

Original Poster
Thanks Lucakseven and dreamfinder, much appreciated.

Will be looking to have a bit of a quick (relatively speaking) blast on that morning, hopefully RD will stick me in the first Corral given my estimated times but what's the deal with warming-up etc? Races here in the UK vary hugely, for some you can warm-up and get into your pen/corral just seconds before the start, whereas others necessitate having to be in your pen an hour before, packed in and unable to even stretch. I assume to get a 'clear run' you'd need to be vaguely near the front?!

dreamfinder

Thanks Lucakseven and dreamfinder, much appreciated.

Will be looking to have a bit of a quick (relatively speaking) blast on that morning, hopefully RD will stick me in the first Corral given my estimated times but what's the deal with warming-up etc? Races here in the UK vary hugely, for some you can warm-up and get into your pen/corral just seconds before the start, whereas others necessitate having to be in your pen an hour before, packed in and unable to even stretch. I assume to get a 'clear run' you'd need to be vaguely near the front?!

Well, each lettered corral will have about 2-3,000 runners in it. And typically the corral will start heading towards the start a few minutes before their start time. But runDisney DJs/announcers will start having people head to the corrals over 1 hours before the start. For a 5k I'd plan on heading to the corral at least 15 mins before the race start (if you are in corral A), otherwise they may have already let the next corral start to move out. Within the corral they have started to do mini waves/pulses. So even though corral A may start at 6:02, they may only allow 400-500 to start at 6:02, and then send another 400-500 at 6:03, then 6:04, etc. So it's not as important to be at the front of the corral as it once was. As long as you are in the first 2 (maybe even 3) corrals, and don't plan on stopping for characters you shouldn't have it too bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom