50th Anniversary " Cavalcade " ......Bad omen ?

Mark48

Original Poster
The news of the coming of a 50th Cavalcade instead of a 50th parade is giving me that twisty feeling in the pit
of my stomach . Boo " Cash " , as I refer to it , also has a cavalcade . My thoughts are the Christmas parties are
not going to happen as before. If they are planning 18 months of this parade replacement I feel the decision has
already been made for the Xmas party to become " Christmas cash " after hours leftovers . I don't take any joy
in being negative about this but it has reached the point where , in my view , more is less is the new normal .

Splashin' Ryan

I find it hard to believe that at no point during the 18 months there won't be a true parade. Will we see a whole 50th day or night parade? Probably not at this point, but Festival of Fantasy or any of the other holiday parades are already in storage on property so it's not like they have to rebuild them. The only "issue" Disney really has is staffing/paying/training performers. I feel that most guests don't find an issue with parade congestion either. The only time you're trapped is on the left side of MSUSA and even then cast sometimes lets crowds flow across the street in between floats.

James Alucobond

People are going to say they prefer cavalcades to parades ("They always ruin my day! I can't get anywhere!"). But I'm here to say... I WANT A PARADE. I love a parade!
I'm kind of in the former camp. Just never got the appeal of crowding around to watch waving people drift slowly by as loud music plays, but I fully accept that that's a me thing and hope they come back for those who care.

Hope Princess

Does anyone think the cavalcades mean no more meet and greets? I was worried by the lack of mention regarding meet and greets, we have a trip in December and would hope to be able to meet at least Mickey and Minnie.

sullyinMT

Does anyone think the cavalcades mean no more meet and greets? I was worried by the lack of mention regarding meet and greets, we have a trip in December and would hope to be able to meet at least Mickey and Minnie.
I don’t think so. Even the Bob mentioned our character friends’ desire for hugs and high fives in the near future. We all know what “soon” and its synonyms mean in Disney speak, but I think M&G’s will return when appropriate and possible.

sullyinMT

People are going to say they prefer cavalcades to parades ("They always ruin my day! I can't get anywhere!"). But I'm here to say... I WANT A PARADE. I love a parade!
I love a parade, too. Especially for MK, they’re absolutely part of the feel of the park. That said, the more continuous nature of the cavalcades was kinda nice for Christmas season last year. And, by any other name ….
Problem was the cavalcade passed in like 10 minutes (max) as opposed to the much longer parades. For those that enjoy them, myself included, it isn’t the same overall experience.

wdwfan22

I love a parade, however I do believe the plan isn't to bring them back this year. They are expensive to operate and labor intensive. I think the earliest is spring/2022. I hope I'm wrong but after today's announcement of a cavalcade for the 50th, I think it's safe to say parades are not a top priority for Walt Disney World. I think we will also see Christmas after hours announced soon instead of Very Merry.

PaulZ

I actually like both. A parade is good and I wish they had one (or two). But I also like the calvacades and wish they’d continue to randomly do them unannounced throughout the day in the parks and mix them up. Like really make it seem spur of the moment and an intrigue as to who you’ll even see if you happen to be in the right land or location when it comes by. They don’t last long and would be a way to see characters new and old.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
My guess is they are covering their butt in case either they don't have a parade completed by then or covid spikes.
I do believe that at some point in those 18 months there will be full parades.
As for the Christmas party meh they may do an after hours this year but with how popular MNSSHP and MVMCP are I do think next year they'll bring more aspects of them back even if they don't call it the same thing or the hours aren't as long.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I actually like both. A parade is good and I wish they had one (or two). But I also like the calvacades and wish they’d continue to randomly do them unannounced throughout the day in the parks and mix them up. Like really make it seem spur of the moment and an intrigue as to who you’ll even see if you happen to be in the right land or location when it comes by. They don’t last long and would be a way to see characters new and old.

I agree. I'm not a find a good spot 30 minutes prior and then spend 30 minutes watching a parade type of person.
I think the Cavalcades are more my speed. Just randomly see one coming and line up to watch them go by and then move along.
Although I do like full parades for the fact that while others are waiting and watching other areas of the park are less crowded.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No

Oh I'm sure they want meet and greets back as much as the guests do.
It creates more places to spread out the crowd levels.
If you're in a line to meet Mickey then you're not in line for Peter Pan's Flight like everyone else lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom