4th of July weekend

chrisy76334

Original Poster
I'm going for a quick getaway 4th of july weekend. hows the weather and crowds? and do any of the parks do anything special? thanks:wave:

disneyfan123

I will be in Orlando for the 4th of July. I have been looking on the forums here and from what I understand the parks get very busy and I know from previous experience that often the parks will reach full capacity and guests are turned away. If you are thinking about going to the Magic Kingdom I would suggest getting there early.
I believe that the opening hours are longer at all disney parks apart from Animal Kingdom - not sure about what extra parades or fireworks are planned.
Hope this helps

Yankeeplex

Having been 39 times and #40 arriving in december, I think the surface of the sun is probably cooler than Disney in July...and the crowds, um, are like a mosh pit without the music. Expect to be bounced at least a couple time per park and wear lots of white. I live in South Florida and we buy seasonal passes as opposed to annual passes because we would never think to go during the black out dates anyways. Just be very patient and drink lots of water. You can still have a ton of fun, just don't put your expectations too high as the wait for rides and foot are huge. A don't forget that handy spritzer fan!!!

travelgip

I'm going for a quick getaway 4th of july weekend. hows the weather and crowds? and do any of the parks do anything special? thanks:wave:

I will be there at that time as well. As everyone has said, be prepared for Hot and Crowded. That being said, MK is open till 1AM on Thursday and Friday and do special type of Wishes fireworks show for those two days only. If your going for fireworks, consider watching from Polynesian, GF or Contemporary (even the TTC maybe). I only know of fireworks being the special thing they do. Maybe a parade, but I'm not sure.

C&D

Hot, Humid and Crowded. But don't let that get you down, it will still be a blast. Keep hydrated, wear light colored clothing (wear a hat if you can stand it) use that sunscreen, and most importantly, Have a Great Time!

chrisy76334

Original Poster
thanks everyone! i'm most likely going to go for the fireworks. my best friend is a CM and i doubt after working she's going to want to go back into the parks and play. :cry:

Tigger 68

I have been to the parks the past 3 years during the 4th week/weekend and have never been refused entry to the parks due to capacity. I am alittle worried now after reading the previous posts. I plan on going to the MK during the day on the 3rd and I already have a dinner reservation for the luau at the Polynesian at 5:15 that day. My original plan was to go back to the MK after the show (7:30), but now I am worried that if I leave that I might not get back in. Should I cancel my reservation and try to stay in the MK all day?

CelioSunshine

Last time I was in WDW was for 4th of July. At Magic Kingdom the fireworks were the best I have ever seen in my lifetime. They did close the park in the late afternoon because it had reached its capacity.

I think I heard that if you were staying in a WDW Resort that you would still have access. I could be wrong though.

Tigger 68

I called Disney and they told me that even though I was staying at WDW that there still could be a chance that I would be denied admission to the park after the luau. So now I have to cancel my luau reservation and find somewhere else to eat in the MK.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Now what if you made ADR for somthing in MK and the parks were full, would they turn you away then?
It would depend on what phase of closure that they were in. There parks close due to capacity in 4 phases.

Phase 1: Guests with MYW base tickets, one day tickets, guests with no admission, and CMs using a main gate are turned around at the Auto Plaza.

Phase 2: Only resort guests, AP, Park Hoppers, guests re-entering the same park admitted, ONLY if using a taxi or resort transportation. (Auto Plaza is closed)

Phase 3: Only resort guests and AP admitted. (Only resort transportation)

Phase 4: Closed to all guests. (No incoming transportation)

For the most part if you are a resort guest you will be good all the way up to a phase 4 closure which are quite rare from my understanding.

EDIT: To get an idea of how crowded it will be check out this video from last year. At around the 15-17 second mark you can see the crowd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ezcbsWku_Q

darrin933

I called Disney and they told me that even though I was staying at WDW that there still could be a chance that I would be denied admission to the park after the luau. So now I have to cancel my luau reservation and find somewhere else to eat in the MK.
I have stayed at the polynesian the last 3 years for the 4th of july. It is probably the best place to watch the fireworks. I splurged and got a concierge room again this year because of the crowds everywhere. Last year there were so many people coming over to the beach at the poly to watch the fireworks. I would say go to mk go to the luau and grab a chair and just hang out around the poly. With the 4th being on a Friday this year it is going to be even busier.

kcw

It would depend on what phase of closure that they were in. There parks close due to capacity in 4 phases.

Phase 1: Guests with MYW base tickets, one day tickets, guests with no admission, and CMs using a main gate are turned around at the Auto Plaza.

Phase 2: Only resort guests, AP, Park Hoppers, guests re-entering the same park admitted, ONLY if using a taxi or resort transportation. (Auto Plaza is closed)

Phase 3: Only resort guests and AP admitted. (Only resort transportation)

Phase 4: Closed to all guests. (No incoming transportation)

For the most part if you are a resort guest you will be good all the way up to a phase 4 closure which are quite rare from my understanding.

EDIT: To get an idea of how crowded it will be check out this video from last year. At around the 15-17 second mark you can see the crowd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ezcbsWku_Q

I will never understand why APs don't get turned away before people with MYW or one day tickets... I think that's terribly unfair

makonyy15

For the 4th we have 6:30 reservations at Artist Point, would you suggest doing the same thing as others and venturing over to GF or Poly to watch the fireworks? I know the MK will most likely be crazy and possibly closed for new admissions, but we're open to whatever. We tackled Disneyland on New Year's Eve, but we were in the parks by 5pm that day.

tigger1968

I did see where theres a new show this year for the MK on the 3rd and 4th. Has anyone heard about fireworks at Epcot for the 4th? We were there a few years ago and did MK on the 3rd and Epcot on the 4th. Both shows were incredible.

Anybody know anything about Epcot on the 4th yet? :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom