4th July

Chris K

Original Poster
Hi there, new member here, just found this site and im very impressed.
im heading over to disneyworld on 2nd July and as ive never been over for independence day before just wondering what the celebrations are like at disney/epcot/mgm. Ive heard that spectro magic will be on that night but just wondered if there's any other special celebrations or things to look out for. This is my 5th visit I think and im more excited than ever, taking my girlfriend for the first time as well so its going to be an extra special disney hol!
thanks in advance.

Chris

CAPTAIN HOOK

Welcome to a fellow Brit - Even though you're on the wrong side of the Pennines :lol: :lol:
Can't advise any re July 4th - but hope you have a great time :wave:

LpMcQuack

Welcome Chris K

My wife and I were at MK on July 4th, expect it to be extremely crowded on this day. We were fortunate enough to get in before they shut the park down due to capacity restrictions. It was also an extremely hot and humid day. Staying cool and comfortable is the key. Also, if you want a great spot for the firework show that night, set up camp an hour and a half early. Mind you Wishes is an awesome show, but the 4th of July firework show is an annual treasure to be seen. It's worth it but be prepared to deal with a massive crowd of tourist and locals on holiday. And don't forget to have fun too!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Which park do you think is best to spend the 4th of July in? Which will have the most celebrations?

I'm gonna be there in 48 days! :wave:

LpMcQuack

Personally, I Liked MK the best. Main Street had a bunch of Red, White and Blue decorations plus we took a picture with an Uncle Sam inspired Mickey. All in all, I think MK had more of an Americana feel to it.

1stStarIC2nite

Welcome! You'll have a blast on the 4th! I went last year. I'd recommend going to Animal Kingdom that day. There was hardly ANYONE there until the afternoon. Walk-ons on almost everything. It was awesome :D Then we went back to our hotel to relax and headed to Epcot for the evening for dinner, Mission: SPACE and the AMAZING fireworks. You MUST see those! :D

Trishnh

Do they add anthing to Illuminations for the 4th? or the other fireworks for that matter? I am searching for the LEAST crowded park to visit on the 4th! Any input??

Thanks!

Tricia

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Trishnh said:
Do they add anthing to Illuminations for the 4th? or the other fireworks for that matter? I am searching for the LEAST crowded park to visit on the 4th! Any input??

Thanks!

Tricia

Yes the parks have extensive modifications to their regular firework shows. You can see video from the previous Epcot July 4 shows at http://www.wdwmagic.com/illum_2000_video.htm

Best bet for the 4th in terms of crowds is Epcot. That park has the most capacity, and is more suited to handling large numbers of people.

stuart

Yeah when we are there on 4th July we always go to EPCOT, illuminations are great and then of course you have the added bit at the end. My advice....if you are goin to watch from somewhere you are going to be sitting such as British Pub then i advise taking super glue. Carefully spread the super glue on ur seat and then sit on it. Its bad enough a 'normal' night for people trying to grab seats but 4th july is the worst for that. Also the 'reserving' or 'holding' of seats by placing some bags on them wont do. At the very least body parts should be on the seat to make sure it dont get taken. Just a little advice. Anyway i cant wait till we are there this year and hope you have a great time!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
stuart said:
My advice....if you are goin to watch from somewhere you are going to be sitting such as British Pub then i advise taking super glue. Carefully spread the super glue on ur seat and then sit on it. !

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's a great idea!!
I've been there also, so I know what you mean.

:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom