4 july 2005 in WDW

cjtorres

Original Poster
Hello !

I would like to know if there is any special event in any of the Disneys Theme Parks on the fourth of July?

<!-- Message body ''"" -->

Cheryl

MGM has special firework show

"Sorcery in the Sky, the fireworks nighttime gala that is shown on select nights of the year, will be shown on July 4th, 2005 at 9PM. This special fireworks show was once shown on a regular basis but was replaced by Fantasmic! and is now only shown on July 4th and New Years usually. Fantasmic! will follow Sorcery in the Sky at 10PM that evening."

Wow, can you imagine how many people will be fighting for seats after the fireworks show? Yikes! :hammer:

dxwwf3

I know what I'll be doing after the fireworks at MGM on the 4th. Riding the Tower of Terror like a madman while everyone and their brother goes to Fantasmic :)

snoopi_grl

I think that on July 4th, the parks will be kinda empty.. because i mean its the 4th of JULY!! wouldn't you go to like local fireworks? i mean that's what we do where we live. (near san francisco)

dxwwf3

MommytoMJM said:
I'll be at MGM, probably won't go to Fantasmic after the fireworks.....

Good call. I've been to MGM on the 4th a couple of times and I would definately advise seeing the show another day. Actually the parks might be so crowded this year that ToT and RNRC might actually have lines from 9 to 10. I hope it won't be that bad though.

dxwwf3

snoopi_grl said:
I think that on July 4th, the parks will be kinda empty..

You've obviously never been to WDW on the 4th. :) It's one of the top 5 most crowded days of the year (Christmas Day and New Years Eve are the only days that I could think of as being more crowded).

Why would you go to local fireworks when the fireworks at WDW are probably better? I'm sure some of the locals could answer this, but does the city of Orlando even have a fireworks show for the 4th?

snoopi_grl

dxwwf3 said:
You've obviously never been to WDW on the 4th. :) It's one of the top 5 most crowded days of the year (Christmas Day and New Years Eve are the only days that I could think of as being more crowded).

Why would you go to local fireworks when the fireworks at WDW are probably better? I'm sure some of the locals could answer this, but does the city of Orlando even have a fireworks show for the 4th?
Yep, you're right. I've never been to WDW on the 4th of july.
Are the fireworks really different from the ones they usually do at some other event/show at WDW?

Lightyear

We will be in WDW for the 4th again this year. We will stay away from the parks I think. Maybe a day of shopping and swimming for us. It would be nice to find a place to park where we could see a couple shows with out the crowds.

Lightyear

Cheryl

4th of July

A few years ago, we were at MK for the 4th of July. Yes it was crowded, in fact, I had heard that MK was closed at Noon (not allowing anyone else in) b/c they were filled to capacity. :brick: This was before they had Wishes. That year, they had fireworks from all over the park being shot off...well, it seemed, the whole park was surrounded by fireworks going off. I'm sure they were set off by other locations. We sat on the ground outside where the Philharmagic is now (the Lion King show was closed I believe) and we were mesmorized! It was a terrific show. Gotta wonder though if from the 4th of July being such a huge hit if it offsprung Wishes since there are fireworks all around the park for Wishes. :wave: Think we're heading to MGM on the 3rd and 4th. We did MK one 4th so we're going to try MGM. I'm sure they will be crowded but from what threads I've read, MK seems to be the most crowded on that date of the 4 parks.

We're headed down on 7/3 and staying for two weeks. I'll be looking foward to reading your trip reports and comparing! :wave: Safe journies to all! :sohappy:

ChrisH9339

There are several local fireworks shows... the most popular being Red Hot and Boom in the Altamonte Springs area (about 5-10 miles east of downtown Orlando on I-4). Daytona Beach has a huge fireworks display after the Pepsi 400, and Cocoa Beach has fireworks on the 4th as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom