35th Anniversary Tokyo Trip

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
You don't seem like much of a Disneyland fan?

I do like the original Disneyland, but I also grew up with Florida's MK and have spent many hours reading Widen Your World and Passport 2 Dreams so I'm not only biased towards that era of WED design, I love all the random minutia that comes with it. Tokyo Disneyland feels like Florida, but with California's better aspects (NoS, Toontown, Primeval World) thrown in so it's the perfect mix.

Part of me is also sad that every time I go to Disneyland it's not the park of Disneyland Showtime with Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland or Adventure Thur Inner Space etc. Current Disneyland has a lot of stuff in it which is great, but some things don't interest me, or I don't think it's the best version of a particular ride. Their Tomorrowland is also the worst and it really hurts the park and Toontown is in awful shape.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Space Mountain is probably the biggest dissapointment in either Tokyo park. It looks and feels as old and rough as the Florida ride, but has California's dull track layout. I wish I had done BTMRR instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom