3 in one park. Why did this work?

spacemtnfanatic

Original Poster
Normally when I have tried to do this it wouldn’t let me, but this morning it did.

Scenario: I had FPs for DAK this morning. I used my first one and then cancelled the other two. Ordinarily it still would not let me make anything for another park since I had used the first one. But today it allowed it. Any idea why this would happen? I’ve always thought the system SHOULD allow this, but I feel like I just got lucky.

nickys

Premium Member
Normally when I have tried to do this it wouldn’t let me, but this morning it did.

Scenario: I had FPs for DAK this morning. I used my first one and then cancelled the other two. Ordinarily it still would not let me make anything for another park since I had used the first one. But today it allowed it. Any idea why this would happen? I’ve always thought the system SHOULD allow this, but I feel like I just got lucky.

If you are park hopping you do not have to use three FPs before making another on the day itself.

What you did has been the case since the changes in the summer of 2016 and is nothing new, no glitch!

To summarise:

If you are staying in one park, you must book and use your initial three Fps before making a 4th. Once you use your 4th, you can book a 5th, and so on.

If you are park hopping, you can pre-book one, two or three FPs in a single park. The remainder of the initial three can be booked as soon as you tap into the first.

So having used one, you then cancelled #2&3. That meant you could book #2&3 in a different park.

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
If you have a base ticket meaning you are staying in one park all day you must use all 3 before getting a 4th.
If you are park hopping its perfectly acceptable to use just one in one park and then book 2 for the next park.
This has been the case for several years now. I have done it a number of times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom