3-D Road Signs

Max of the Parks

Original Poster
I remember part of what made going to Disney World special as a kid was traveling around the property and seeing those purple and yellow Mickey road signs, the old (now remodled) McDonald's with the big cartoony characters, and the 3-D signs that sat in the margins between the roads and advertised specific attractions from nearby parks. I'm almost certain every park had one of these- all I can remember having them for sure was Tower of Terror at DHS and It's Tough to be a Bug for AK. I believe there was either a Test Track or Mission Space one for Epcot and I don't recall MK's at all. Anyone remember what I'm talking about or have photos of these? Are they still around?

Max of the Parks

Original Poster
Also just remembered that they all seemed to be scattered around the Disney Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, and Blizzard Beach sides of the property (pretty much anywhere away from the MK resorts).

epcotisbest

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

brb1006

Seeing those signs always made guests excited before they even enter the parks. I will be sad if they are gone for real.

JIMINYCR

We no longer have billboards along our highways, they were outlawed some years ago...some were entertaining and some were gaudy things... but I enjoy looking at them again as we travel on our way southbound to FL. They start popping up in several states before we reach WDW. Besides the Welcome sign, Ive gotten a thrill seeing those Disney 3D signs advertising whats to come, the ToT was always my favorite. I'll surely miss them if they go away.

NelleBelle

Yet one more piece of Disney nostalgia going away:(. I, too, will miss them. Too bad they couldn't relocate them from the construction/demolition zone.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
On the Tower of Terror sign, the cage used to wobble side to side like it had broken loose from the elevator shaft and was plummeting out of control...

ABQ

Yup, the cage wobbled on ToT, smoke was emitted from the stink bug's butt, there was a rocket fire effect on the M:S sign as well. Not sure any others had effects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom