26 sleeps until WDW Honeymoon! Any advice?

danniiflee

Original Poster
Hello

This is my first post!

I am getting married (in UK) on the 7th September and flying out to WDW on the 9th for our honeymoon.

We are spending 10 days in the Port Orleans FQ, have the quick service DDP and magic your way tickets. Both my hubby to be and I have not been since we were children and we just cant wait. They only problem we have is that we are less than 4 weeks from leaving and due to wedding planning and longs days at work, we haven't been able to book or plan anything.

We want a mix of fun in the parks and relaxation. We both work stressful long hours, haven't had a holiday for 3 years and our wedding has been quite stressful to arrange... We don't want to be massively planned out and would like to take each day as it comes, but is this a bad idea?? I don't want a set itinerary but I'm worried that we miss out. I believe the ten days we are there are the quietist of the year so I'm hoping there wont be massive queues or stress. Are we being naïve?

Does anyone have any advice on the must dos?

So far I have booked a town car to pick us up from airport. That's it haha! We are planning on spending last night at House of Blues as H2B's favourite band are playing but haven't bought tickets (thought we would do this when we get to florida?).

Thanks a bunch!

Dannii x

Sweet Melissa

Best wishes and congratulations! You chose a wonderful, romantic resort for your honeymoon. Make sure you tell the check-in desk that it's your honeymoon when you arrive. They'll give you celebration buttons to wear, and you'll get lots of congratulations from the cast and other guests.

Since you're on the dining plan, definitely make some reservations for table-service meals. Choices might be limited this close to your visit, but check out restaurants at other resorts and Downtown Disney. You might be able to snag a breakfast at Kouzzina or the Grand Floridian Café, and I bet you can book a dinner at the Turf Club, Sanaa or Portobello. Menus for all the restaurants can be found on this website. When you make your dining reservations, note that you are celebrating your honeymoon as the restaurant may do something special to recognize it.

There are spa services at several of the deluxe resorts if you and your husband might enjoy a massage for relaxation.

Since you're staying at Port Orleans, I recommend making ample use of the Downtown Disney area to end your evenings. We spent ten nights at Riverside last year and went to Downtown Disney most nights. It's lovely to have a drink or two at one of the restaurant bars there and then take the boat back to your hotel.

Have fun! We love taking Walt Disney World at a leisurely pace. Don't worry about trying to see it all; just take your time and enjoy each other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom