News 2024 Fourth of July Fireworks, Extended Hours, and Entertainment

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I believe MK closed at 11pm last year on July 3 and 4, and then crowds were "low." I wonder if they're expecting bigger crowds this year compared to last?

Disone

I'm too hesitant to change my plans. Does anyone know if there has ever been a double showing of the Independence Day fireworks offering at Epcot?
Epcots 4th of July fireworks tag, called the heartbeat of freedom, has historically been presented only once and only on July 4th.

It looks like this year it will be presented once on July 3rd and once on July 4th.

So two performances but only once per night. With 9pm closings there is not an option to present it twice in the same night. It's barely dark enough at 9pm to do fireworks.

LSLS

So this is all going on still and it's just the site is messed up? I'm not seeing anything on the park hours page, and my app is showing the same thing.

1718885915713.png

DisneyFanatic12

So this is all going on still and it's just the site is messed up? I'm not seeing anything on the park hours page, and my app is showing the same thing.

View attachment 793415
Disney is historically slow to update their webpage and MDE. I believe I heard somewhere that the updates are once or twice a week, which programmatically would make sense.

Sadly, Disney’s own webpages are often out of date! I remember a little while back someone reported the app saying that the monorail was still closed due to Covid, even though they had long been open.

LSLS

Disney is historically slow to update their webpage and MDE. I believe I heard somewhere that the updates are once or twice a week, which programmatically would make sense.

Sadly, Disney’s own webpages are often out of date! I remember a little while back someone reported the app saying that the monorail was still closed due to Covid, even though they had long been open.
Oh, for some reason I thought this was posted last week. But yeah, weird, they haven't updated.

DCBaker

Premium Member
@Starship824 Noted this on another post:

Yeah about that....
View attachment 793515
Looks like it was a mistake, the article got updated...

Looking at the updated Parks Blog article, Disney has also removed the extended hours announcement.

Before/After:

Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 3.33.59 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 3.34.16 PM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom