2024 NASCAR

wdwfan4ver

Martin Truex Jr. has been named one of NASCARS top 75 driver.

Martin Truex Jr. being on the list shouldn't be a shock to anyone. He's a future NASCAR Hall of Fame driver. His Cup career is similar to Dale Jarrett. Dale Jarrett was not a star driver right away in his cup career and the same is true with Martin Truex Jr.

Martin won 32 times in Cup besides being a cup champ, and is a 2 time champion in what is now the Xfinity series.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Brad Keselowski has been named one of NASCARS top 75 drivers. This is not a surprise. He is a future NASCAR hall of famer whenever he retires.

His cup resume speaks for itself. He's a 1 time cup champ with 35 cup wins along with being a 1 time champ in the what is now the Xfinity series.

wdwfan4ver

The late Sam Ard has been named on of NASCARS top 75 drivers. Sam's racing career as a driver ended before I starting following NASCAR. Sam suffered a career ending crash in 1984. He is a 2 time champion in what is now known as the Xfinity series.

Him not being on NASCARS top 50 driver list in 1998 was caused by how deep the talent pool was and there might've been mistakes made when the top 50 drivers were announced at the time.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

The late Larry Phillips has been named one of NASCARS top 75 drivers. I heard of him, but never seen him raced. Larry has been a NASCAR Hall of Fame candidate for multiple years.

Larry Phillips has five national championships in what is now known as the NASCAR Advance Auto Parts Weekly Series. One of those championships, he won a tie breaker over Greg Biffle. Larry from 1989 to 1996 won 220 out of 289 NASCAR sanctioned starts.

Larry was one of the legendary influential race car drivers in the Midwest. He is one of the people responsible for Rusty Wallace, Mark Martin and other drivers that raced in the Midwest.

wdwfan4ver

Wondering why the delay in announcing Jimmie, after (some) other drivers were announced on the list. (That is, unless the list was in random order. 🤷‍♀️ )
I don't know with the waiting for some of the drivers like Kevin Harvick, but I have an idea for Jimmy Johnson. Stewart was the first driver announced and Johnson was the last one announced for a reason. Jimmie had the most cup wins and championships of the drivers that were not part of the first 50 drivers. NASCAR wanted the best cup driver resume be last to be announced.

Tony Stewart was very likely the first of the 25 drivers announced because he had the 2nd most cup championships of the drivers that were not in the 1998 top 50 NASCAR driver list.

wdwfan4ver

23XI Racing announced Kamui Kobayashi will be making his cup debut in the 67 car at Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course.

I read that he won the 2021 24 Hours of Lemans for Toyota.

wdwfan4ver

Noah Gragson is out at Sonoma due to concussion at Gateway. Grant Enfinger is the replacement. Grant has raced in the Truck Series for a long time and has 9 career truck series wins.

wdwfan4ver

Joe Gibbs Racing has sold a minority equity stake in the team to Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment, At the same time, Joe Gibbs is also becomes a limited partner in Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment pending approval by the NBA and the NHL.

I know a couple things with Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment. One of the founders is the new owner of the NFL team Washington Commanders. Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment owns the NBA's Philadelphia 76ers and the NHL's New Jersey Devils.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom