wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Last edited:

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I remember when we used to go in early September and be sad because we missed the START of Food and Wine by a week or so. Now it starts two months earlier. Why even call it a festival if it’s going to run for four months?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I remember when we used to go in early September and be sad because we missed the START of Food and Wine by a week or so. Now it starts two months earlier. Why even call it a festival if it’s going to run for four months?
Because if a 60-day festival is special then a 120-day festival is more specialererer!!! This started under $lappie, who sought to exploit anything special in the parks while also bleeding them dry.

TheMaxRebo

No mention of a lot of the events that used to make F&WF special - Party for the Senses, lunch pairings, celebrity chef demos, etc ...

Is this just b/c work still not done and could come back in future or are these things gone permanently? (They were some of my favorite elements)

MagicHappens1971

No mention of a lot of the events that used to make F&WF special - Party for the Senses, lunch pairings, celebrity chef demos, etc ...

Is this just b/c work still not done and could come back in future or are these things gone permanently? (They were some of my favorite elements)
I feel like we could see some of these events come back in the new CommuniCore hall but I feel like a lot of these events were axed for $$$ savings as people flock to the festivals no matter what. Maybe bring these back as upcharges, I guess time will tell

TheMaxRebo

I feel like we could see some of these events come back in the new CommuniCore hall but I feel like a lot of these events were axed for $$$ savings as people flock to the festivals no matter what. Maybe bring these back as upcharges, I guess time will tell

True - though I would think at least the paid events would be attractive for Disney to bring back ... Like the Party for the Senses was like $250/person and had VIP upgrades available, etc - they definitely made $ on those. Guess I can understand them not feeling like they need to offer the celebrity chef free seminar things anymore

christine7257

Food and Wine went from my absolute favorite festival and time of the year to my least favorite. Without the events that made it special, it's just more booths around the lagoon. The other festivals have so much more to do and see. I really hope that the special events return ... although even pre-pandemic they had been reduced in quantity (believe they ran Thurs through Sun instead of daily like they used to be) and declined in quality -- more expensive, fewer celebrity chefs and more Disney culinary running demos. I saw that they did the celebrity chef demos at the Disneyland festival this year so maybe that's a good sign. I also hope that individual restaurants can go back to hosting things (e.g. tequila lunch in Mexico). A lot of the independent Disney Springs restaurants do their own thing anyway - Morimoto Asia, Jaleo, Homecomin', Wine Bar George, etc. I find the Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic to be a nice event and reasonable substitute for Party for the Senses. Think they've already announced the 2023 dates for that. The Waldorf has also hosted some F&W weekend events with other resorts in the Bonnet Creek area that I'd like to check out this year.

TheMaxRebo

Food and Wine went from my absolute favorite festival and time of the year to my least favorite. Without the events that made it special, it's just more booths around the lagoon. The other festivals have so much more to do and see. I really hope that the special events return ... although even pre-pandemic they had been reduced in quantity (believe they ran Thurs through Sun instead of daily like they used to be) and declined in quality -- more expensive, fewer celebrity chefs and more Disney culinary running demos. I saw that they did the celebrity chef demos at the Disneyland festival this year so maybe that's a good sign. I also hope that individual restaurants can go back to hosting things (e.g. tequila lunch in Mexico). A lot of the independent Disney Springs restaurants do their own thing anyway - Morimoto Asia, Jaleo, Homecomin', Wine Bar George, etc. I find the Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic to be a nice event and reasonable substitute for Party for the Senses. Think they've already announced the 2023 dates for that. The Waldorf has also hosted some F&W weekend events with other resorts in the Bonnet Creek area that I'd like to check out this year.

agree 100% ... I did that tequila lunch and it was one of the best things I have ever done at Disney. Without these elements the festival is kinda blah. And really nothing to make it unique that the other festivals don't have a version of (and then they have more on top of that)

DCBaker

Premium Member
Disney has released the performer lineup for the Eat to the Beat Concert Series.

July 28-29 – Orianthi (NEW)
July 30-31 – For King & Country (NEW)
Aug. 4-5 – Southern Avenue
Aug. 6-7 – Tiffany
Aug. 11-12 – Ruben Studdard with Haley Reinhart
Aug. 13-14 – The Bacon Brothers (NEW)
Aug. 18-21 – Joey Fatone & Friends
Aug. 25-26 – Ayron Jones (NEW)
Aug. 27-28 – Phillip Phillips (NEW)
Sept. 1-2 – Baha Men
Sept. 3-4 – MercyMe
Sept. 8-9 – Ray Parker Jr.
Sept. 10-11 – Tobymac
Sept. 15 – Celebrity Latin Talent
Sept. 16 – Celebrity Latin Talent
Sept. 17-18 – Raul Acosta and Oro Solido (NEW)
Sept. 22-23 – Los Amigos Invisibles
Sept. 24-25 – 98 °
Sept. 29 – Oct. 2 – Boyz II Men
Oct. 6-7 – Mark Wills
Oct. 8-9 – Sugar Ray
Oct. 13-14 – Hoobastank
Oct. 15-16 – Air Supply
Oct. 20-21 – Taylor Dayne
Oct. 22-23 – Billy Ocean
Oct. 27-30 – Hanson
Nov. 3-4 – We The Kings (NEW)
Nov. 5-6 – Sheila E.
Nov. 10-11 – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Nov. 12-13 – 38 Special

dreday3

The Bacon Brothers? As in Kevin Bacon??? Oh man, I've had a crush on him since Footloose!
I have no idea how the band is, but I'd see them. 😄

sullyinMT

Disney has released the performer lineup for the Eat to the Beat Concert Series.

July 28-29 – Orianthi (NEW)
July 30-31 – For King & Country (NEW)
Aug. 4-5 – Southern Avenue
Aug. 6-7 – Tiffany
Aug. 11-12 – Ruben Studdard with Haley Reinhart
Aug. 13-14 – The Bacon Brothers (NEW)
Aug. 18-21 – Joey Fatone & Friends
Aug. 25-26 – Ayron Jones (NEW)
Aug. 27-28 – Phillip Phillips (NEW)
Sept. 1-2 – Baha Men
Sept. 3-4 – MercyMe
Sept. 8-9 – Ray Parker Jr.
Sept. 10-11 – Tobymac
Sept. 15 – Celebrity Latin Talent
Sept. 16 – Celebrity Latin Talent
Sept. 17-18 – Raul Acosta and Oro Solido (NEW)
Sept. 22-23 – Los Amigos Invisibles
Sept. 24-25 – 98 °
Sept. 29 – Oct. 2 – Boyz II Men
Oct. 6-7 – Mark Wills
Oct. 8-9 – Sugar Ray
Oct. 13-14 – Hoobastank
Oct. 15-16 – Air Supply
Oct. 20-21 – Taylor Dayne
Oct. 22-23 – Billy Ocean
Oct. 27-30 – Hanson
Nov. 3-4 – We The Kings (NEW)
Nov. 5-6 – Sheila E.
Nov. 10-11 – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
Nov. 12-13 – 38 Special

We won't be able to get to Orlando since vacation time is with DCL for Thanksgiving, but Raul Acosta y Oro Solido are a solid merengue act.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom