News 2022 EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival

ToTBellHop

But the Flower and Garden in recent pre-pandemic years was a heavily slashed version of what it was. Any hint of learning anything via the seminars and exhibits went bye-bye. It has become Food and Wine festival with some topiary.
...which is surprising. People would pay money for a seminar with an HGTV star. Why turn away money?

dreday3

But the Flower and Garden in recent pre-pandemic years was a heavily slashed version of what it was. Any hint of learning anything via the seminars and exhibits went bye-bye. It has become Food and Wine festival with some topiary.

Ah well. We haven't been to Flower/Garden since 2000 and I have no memory of it! We keep going in October, even if we don't plan on it at first. We are trying Spring again possibly in 2023, but who knows.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
...which is surprising. People would pay money for a seminar with an HGTV star. Why turn away money?

Must not have shown up on a guest survey? Not the clientele they are targeting? Too cheap to pay for an HGTV star? Or...

There's more money in selling small foodie items and overpriced alcohol.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

This is sadly true. F&G has turned into F&W 2.0 (with topiaries).

castlecake2.0

There will be a luxurious 11-day break between the pleasant-weather spring festival and the crisp, sweater-weather fall festival next year.

Enjoy.
Great. I get this is mostly staffing related because it’s too complicated right now to have to send everyone working the festival somewhere else just to bring them all back a few months later but this is really cheapening the feel of the park. Half of it is a construction zone and the other half is clogged up with “temporary” huts everywhere.

ToTBellHop

Great. I get this is mostly staffing related because it’s too complicated right now to have to send everyone working the festival somewhere else just to bring them all back a few months later but this is really cheapening the feel of the park. Half of it is a construction zone and the other half is clogged up with “temporary” huts everywhere.
They plan for this permanent world‘s fair to permanently have festivals year-round, which honestly makes sense, I just wish they’d try to diversify F&W and F&G from one another. The other two are adequately unique (to me).

I like being able to easily find lots of food.

TikibirdLand

They plan for this permanent world‘s fair to permanently have festivals year-round, which honestly makes sense, I just wish they’d try to diversify F&W and F&G from one another. The other two are adequately unique (to me).

I like being able to easily find lots of food.
If Disney is going to that, they need to have proper "food booths" that don't block the walkway. They need to lean into this and set the booths back into the pavilion space a bit. The last time we visited, I didn't really enjoy this direction. But, EPCoT has changed so much that there's not much there for the $100 entry fee.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Waiting for the announcement of "Mickey's Food And Summertime Festival", to fill in the gap between F&W 2.0 and the original F&W.

What Epcot desperately needs is a 4th festival, IMHO. (Said no one. Ever.)

Touchdown

You know what goes along with summer? BBQ festival. How about a beer and BBQ festival? Imagine all the American versions of it, along with Korean BBQ, South America, etc.

disneygeek90

Waiting for the announcement of "Mickey's Food And Summertime Festival", to fill in the gap between F&W 2.0 and the original F&W.

What Epcot desperately needs is a 4th festival, IMHO. (Said no one. Ever.)
There already is 4.

Flower & Garden
Food & Wine
Festival of the Holidays
Festival of the Arts

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom