2019 Star Wars Half Marathon dates?

iubigman

Original Poster
Good morning all, planning on making the 2019 SW Half (10k) my first RunDisney event. (It will be a big milestone in my weight loss, health journey, but that's for another post).

I notice it's still not showing on the RunDisney site, but is showing as being the weekend of April 4-7, 2019 on the passholder discount/benefits site. I know the RunDisney site is redoing the registration process and all registration is on hold until June 1. Do the experienced runner folks on the boards here think this date is likely to hold, or could it be different?

Thanks in advance from an obsessive planner.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Good morning all, planning on making the 2019 SW Half (10k) my first RunDisney event. (It will be a big milestone in my weight loss, health journey, but that's for another post).

I notice it's still not showing on the RunDisney site, but is showing as being the weekend of April 4-7, 2019 on the passholder discount/benefits site. I know the RunDisney site is redoing the registration process and all registration is on hold until June 1. Do the experienced runner folks on the boards here think this date is likely to hold, or could it be different?

Thanks in advance from an obsessive planner.

The usual race weekend for the Dark Side is Easter weekend in 2019. Yes, I think the first weekend in April is correct. I've never noticed runDisney changing the dates of an established race, other than this one.

Here's the calendar for 2018-2019

IMG_20171030_195946.jpg

iubigman

Original Poster
The usual race weekend for the Dark Side is Easter weekend in 2019. Yes, I think the first weekend in April is correct. I've never noticed runDisney changing the dates of an established race, other than this one.

Here's the calendar for 2018-2019

View attachment 280658
Thanks! It’s weird because when you click “events” on the rundisney site it doesn’t show. August 7 to register it is!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Thanks! It’s weird because when you click “events” on the rundisney site it doesn’t show. August 7 to register it is!

The race was just this past weekend. Takes rD some time to update the particular race page for the next year's race.

ETA: So you can get good tips and hints, along with updated info and encouragement from other runners, I'd use the existing thread for thread race - we try not to start a new one each year.

Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend - The Dark Side

Last edited:

NormC

Looks like registration dates have changed. Aug 23 for DVC and Aug 28 for everyone. I plan to run all three for my first run Disney event.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom