News 2019 Epcot International Festival of the Holidays

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just to clarify, Candlelight Processional won't start before November 29th, correct?

One of the Disney pages said the first Processional would be on Thanksgiving Day, the 28th.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
They should really extend this through Jan 7.
This. They all start and end too early.

Example: On November 8, most people are in much more of a Halloween / autumnal mood than a Christmas mood. Yet on November 8 the parks are decked out for Christmas and they're doing MVMCP.

The Halloween Party should be all of September, all of October, and half of November. The Christmas party should be half of November, all of December, and half of January.

mikejs78

Premium Member

Example: On November 8, most people are in much more of a Halloween / autumnal mood than a Christmas mood. Yet on November 8 the parks are decked out for Christmas and they're doing MVMCP.

The Halloween Party should be all of September, all of October, and half of November. The Christmas party should be half of November, all of December, and half of January.
This has always been the way it's been though. I remember a trip about 10 years ago where I was there from the end of October to early Nov. I remember going to the parks on October 31, seeing all the Halloween decorations up, and then going to DHS the next morning for rope drop, and overnight the whole place had been decked out for Christmas.

Regardless of whether you think it should be that way or not, the operational efficiency of that overnight switch really impressed me.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
This has always been the way it's been though. I remember a trip about 10 years ago where I was there from the end of October to early Nov. I remember going to the parks on October 31, seeing all the Halloween decorations up, and then going to DHS the next morning for rope drop, and overnight the whole place had been decked out for Christmas.

Regardless of whether you think it should be that way or not, the operational efficiency of that overnight switch really impressed me.
Personally, it's a huge turn off and I avoid the parks in November for that very reason. I don't want to see Christmas in November.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

It'd be great if that half of January had added to it the New Years Celebrations.

HoldenC

Interesting that in the DPB post they mentioned enjoying Epcot Forever after the processional but not a mention of the holiday tag. Are we still getting that this year or am I reading too much into a blog post?

seascape

This festival is way too short, especially for us gold AP's. Just saying Disney.
Thanksgiving is very late this year, so the Festival of Holidays has to be shorter. Last year Thanksgiving was early so it was longer. Christmas is always December 25. New Year's is always January 1. It's Thanksgiving that changes from November 22 to November 28. Disney can't do anything about it and since the Candlelight Processional has never starter before Thanksgiving we have a very short Festival this year.

wdwfan22

Interesting that in the DPB post they mentioned enjoying Epcot Forever after the processional but not a mention of the holiday tag. Are we still getting that this year or am I reading too much into a blog post?
They made a big deal last year on saying that it was the last season for the Peace on Earth tag. I’m guessing if they do something for the holidays it will be different from what has been done before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom